Puppet Group Name Help

MuppetFozzieBe

Reaction score
help me think of a group name for my puppets like " The Muppets" or " The Fraggles":confused: :eek:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Coming up with a name is tough. My crew went through several differnt ones before coming up with The Elmwood Puppets.
Elmwood is the town where I grew up. I had used the name of the town in a few scripts as a fictional town some of the characters live in. One day when we found out another puppet company had a very similar name to the one we were using I blurted out "Elmwood Productions" as an option, and it all went from there.

I would suggest staying away from a name like the Muppet, or Fraggles for you family of characters. A company name, even something like The Nick-A-Nap Puppets, might be cool!

Good luck!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I think a name is something that can be very personal. Something you connect with that you can make into something great...

That being said...Every group that I've been involved with (2 performance & then my own 'company' for puppet-building) has been pulled out of our collective tuchus.

Elastic Theater ("Quick guys, we need a name for the program!")

Die Puppet Die ("We seem to kill something in all of our shows..." "Hey quick we need a name for the program!")

Puppet Pie (it's silly)

I stumbled upon this a bit ago... http://www.thenameinspector.com/10-tips-for-naming-your-company-product-or-service/

it might help. There are a myriad of things on the web to help with such a thing..

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I have the same problem buddy boy. I'm coming up with a group name considering the title Inside the Cube (My Show) and the fact that it would be like the muppets. what would you suggest for that?

Whispers

Reaction score
Also you have to stay away from anything like Muppets or Fraggles in your name because they are copyrighted.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. thanks for the info! :wisdom: