Puppet Eyes yay!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Those are cool, if a little pricey. I've been trying to find just a basic "frog eye". A white plastic half bubble that attaches with a stud and lock washer.

I can find lots of the frog eyes with a pupil already attached but none that are just the plain white eye. I'll just keep with the old stand by for now...ping pong balls.

Animal31

Reaction score
Those are cool, if a little pricey. I've been trying to find just a basic "frog eye". A white plastic half bubble that attaches with a stud and lock washer.

I can find lots of the frog eyes with a pupil already attached but none that are just the plain white eye. I'll just keep with the old stand by for now...ping pong balls.
I found my eyes at Puppet Mart I think? They are solid white, come in both 35 and 45mm, and are very cheap....

Puppetainer

Reaction score
YOU ARE AWESOME! I have searched for those darn things for the last two years with no success! I just love my Muppet Central Forum buddies! Thank you SO MUCH! I wish I'd asked sooner they would have been helpful for the puppet I'm currently building. Ah well she'll have ping pong ball eyes that work well enough.:excited:

Animal31

Reaction score
YOU ARE AWESOME! I have searched for those darn things for the last two years with no success! I just love my Muppet Central Forum buddies! Thank you SO MUCH! I wish I'd asked sooner they would have been helpful for the puppet I'm currently building. Ah well she'll have ping pong ball eyes that work well enough.:excited:
I actually found the place here, went through ALOT of old threads and got some really useful advice and links....

Good Luck!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have thought of asking/looking here. I've found so many other useful bits of info here you would think it would have occurred to me sooner. Sometimes my head is filled with too much foam and fleece!

Oh, and by the way StaceyRebecca...YOU ARE AWESOME TOO! If you hadn't started this thread pointing out the cool eyes you found I would have been searching still for the eyes I've wanted. I :flirt: my Muppet Central Forum pals!

spcglider

Reaction score
Having done more resin casting than I care to admit, I have to say that they're using acrylic, so that's good. Beware of eyes cast in urethane. If they're white, they WILL yellow over time. Most acrylics will hold their color if not exposed unduly to sunlight.

Nice stuff. I hope they can make a go of it.

-Gordon