Puppet Clothing Patterns?

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey all,

Are there any patterns out there, or sources of patterns, for simple/complex clothing for puppets? I realize that this is a bit of a tough question, considering that every puppet is fairly unique, but considering the general body shapes that get made, it seems like there ought to be. I'm looking at regular clothing patterns right now, but it would be cool to find a collection of puppet clothing patterns sitting around.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks!
Brian

Whispers

Reaction score
I doubt there really is such a thing, most clothing for puppets is children's clothing or hand-made. However, Puppet Planet does have this link:
http://www.puppetpub.com/costumes.html
Which is supposed to be a free book for download with loads of patterns for dolls but can be adapted to puppets. Hope this helps =]

mrhogg

Reaction score
Patterns would help if it's hand-made. :smile:

It seems to me that since a lot of people are making puppets that are very similar, you ought to be able to take a pattern for the body type you're looking at, and have some minor modifications to fit.

Thanks for the link, Whispers, I'll check it out.

Whispers

Reaction score
No problem! Glad its helpful! And yeah that's really all you need to do to make the clothes fit a particular puppet, have fun!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I've had this lovely idea to make barrels with which to clothe your puppets.

or maybe grocery bags.