Project: Snowth - The Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't worry, at this point in time (well not THIS point in time), the show also being broadcast on YouTube has become a bit of an obligation, mainly because that's where most of Steve's fanbase is.

My to-do list is growing a bit longer though, as there's going to be quite a number of limbo sets that will have to be constructed, some as simple as a typical blue background and brick wall in the foreground, and some as complicated as the interior of a log cabin. :eek: On top of that, there also has to be one-shot puppets to build as well, including a slicky guy named Jasper (a once "rejected" character of mine), and a gal called Easter Egg (yes, that's actually her name, and for that very reason).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At the moment, if all works well, Bethany may have her puppeteer, though nothing is set in stone, but I do hope this will work out smoothly.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you good luck Snowth. This is so thrilling to see you coming to the fulfillment of your goals. :excited:

I hope everything works smoothly out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People keep asking me about the show's progress, so here's another small update for everybody...

Presently, the show is still in the pre-production stage... it takes a surprisingly long time to get a show into production, actually; one reason why things are going so slowly is because of finances... even I ain't recession proof. Finances SHOULD get better by next month, hopefully.

Scripts are still being cranked out as well, as a matter of fact, in spite of the show's vignetted format, three half-hour storylines have been written: one is a satire, one is a dream-sequence spoof, and the other has been done to death (especially in children's shows) but seems like a fit for a character like Steve.

Lastly, I've been given names of puppet builders who do really fine work, that I'm looking into for enlisted aid in the construction process, especially since The Squirrely Squirrels have been redesigned since the original puppets had been built, but they'll definitely need to be handled by a pro. One of these builders has supposedly done work for Sid and Marty Krofft in the past.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that I DO intend to upload the episodes and segments to YouTube, so you may want to subscribe to me so you won't miss a beat: http://www.youtube.com/GroverKent Also, if you want to be kept up-to-date on the show's progress, don't forget to check my blog periodically: http://blogs.myspace.com/j-scarbrough

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's very exciting Snowthers. Keep up the good work and best of luck to you. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know something Marty, I just thought of an advantage of you being able to see the show on YouTube... you won't have to worry about watching the show in PAL format, thus everything being sped up 4% so that won't even have to happen, lol.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That sounds great Snowth. I promise I will check it out one day. At the moment though I'm on broadband, Youtube is behaving as slow as when it was on dial-up. :frown:

I'll sort it all out eventually. Best luck to you again. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Perfectly understandable... YouTube has really OVERLY advanced themselves so much these past few months, that at times, it's almost impossible to watch videos at a decent quality, even on broadband and other connections... I'm amazed that YouTube has a better performance on library computers as opposed to my home one, and usually, the library's internet used to be known for being relatively slow, due to so many people using it at the same time. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For those of you who have received a PM or an e-mail (or possibly both if that happened) from me regarding the new site/blog I switched to for posting updates and such, if you're visiting the link I provided and are getting "This blog does not exist"... it DOES exist, this is just a fluke that was brought on by, of all things, Google. :rolleyes:

Apparently, Google has this uber-sensitive automated spam filter, and if it senses anything that's spam, even if it really is or not, then the entire blog will be deleted... this has happened to a lot of people, and unfortunately I got included in the mess.

I've forwarded all the necessary requests, appeals, confirmation codes, etc to Google via Blogger, and they say it may not be until Friday (if I'm lucky apparently) when they can look into the matter and restore the blog entirely.

So, yeah. There's my explanation in case those of you were wondering. :smirk: