Profesional puppet selling on ebay

puppetise

Reaction score
ok i thought i better start this because i need help and many might to

When i ocasionaly sell on ebay my puppets only sell for $30.00 and i see others going for hundreds what is the secrets and sucsess to proffesional puppet selling

Cheers

-Wayne-

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not making fun of your puppets,but when I've been on ebay,the more professional the puppets look...The higher the prices are.By the way,I really like your puppets.Super Job!!!
Joey

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Quality, character, design, functionality, experience,

all the above,

I am not familiar with your work, but those are some things to take into account, as well as the fact that most Ebay buyers are looking for a deal , trying to pay the least amount for something , so you really need to have high demand for your product

many people on Ebay sell nice puppets, many people do not,

some are highly skilled, some are not,

some have a reputation for being great sellers, with a great product some do not, :smile:

some have extensive resumes to back up their work, others do not,

the only work of your I have seen good photos of is your Kermit, and while he is very nice, their are rough spots, here and their ,( I wont get in to a critique here)

your age says your fifteen, your doing fine work, keep it up, but you still have some things to learn, and their is always room for improvement ( myself and the other professionals here are constantly working to improve our work),

this is not meant as a slam , or anything just some thoughts and observations, keeping at the puppet building , Rome, like any artist, was not built in a day

puppetise

Reaction score
you can check out my puppets at here tell me what i could improve

the kermit is rough he was a experiment

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Puppetise, your puppets look really good. You should just keep building and doing better and better work and not worry so much about how much your puppets are selling for.

To use a baseball metaphor, I think it's a mistake to "swing for the fences" and start out trying to hit home runs with your work. Focus on just hitting the ball and getting on base and eventually you'll start knocking them out of the park. What I mean is, don't worry about selling puppets for hundreds of dollars on ebay, just keep building and try to make each puppet the best that you can and eventually you'll get to a place where your work is so good and so in demand you'll be able to set your prices.

There's a great story a puppet builder who's name I can't recall told once. He was asked by someone much younger how they could become a better puppet builder and his response was "go build 100 puppets, then come back and talk to me."

As much as that's not the sort of answer people like to hear, I think there is enormous truth in it.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
well , thier nice, i like the dog especially ,

are these samples of things you have sold?

my only thought here,(and its just my eye , looking at pictures) is that some of the detail stuff looks a liitle off (not bad , just of a bit , i had the same things happen to my stuff when i was your age), some of the noses look a little crooked, or off center , some of the mouth lines look rough, maybe check some of your head /neck joins,

over all they are very nice looking characters,

again ,compared to some builders out thier you are just starting out so don't get discouraged when a Ebay sale doesnt get very lofty, you are not the only person selling puppets on ebay, and many have been doing so for much longer than you have been building puppets

just keep working at it ,

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
bucks reply must have come in while i was typing mine,

well put Buck, i whole heartedly agree

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
These are fine examples of the honest yet thoughtful replies found on MC, and why I keep coming back. Keep up the great work (puppet building or posting on MC!)