Problems with Punto Pattern conversion to Fozzie

muppetperson

Reaction score
Anyone here have problems converting a Punto pattern to Fozzie Bear? Was a back of the head re sculpt required? How do you fix a problem of the mouth dimpling when you close it?

Bear Man

Reaction score
What do you mean by "the mouth dimpling"? From what I can see of the Punto, the head is one piece. The foam of Fozzie's lower jaw is separate to the foam in the rest of his head. Does this info help?

Justagreenfrog

Reaction score
this helps have you built a fozzie before ? because my fozzie head is a punto and does not work well

muppetperson

Reaction score
What do you mean by "the mouth dimpling"? From what I can see of the Punto, the head is one piece. The foam of Fozzie's lower jaw is separate to the foam in the rest of his head. Does this info help?
Thanks. I was helping out Justagreenfrog. I imagine "Dimpling" would be a gather and cave in at the sides of the mouth.I suggested cutting slits at the corner of each mouth, but maybe even better to separate into 2 parts for the head.

scandell

Reaction score
Ok. I simply create the entire foam Punto head...then I make a cut from the corner of the mouth..to the back of the head. (You can't use the jaw and back of the neck/lower head portion of the punto pattern for Fozzie. Fozzie's mouth is much bigger.

Then you create a 1/4 sphere for the lower jaw.

(Pete! I haven't forgotten my eyes promise! The resin ones i made are turning out to be too thin and too soft...so I am working on a vacuum formed plastic solution next) If that fails...I will go back to 3D printing...but make the eyes much more thick)

Justagreenfrog

Reaction score
thanks scandell it helps some more have you got any build pics of the foam head ?

patchlion

Reaction score
I used the Punto head and created Fozzie with great success. The best advice I can give is to create the full head and then as discussed remove the lower jaw and create a separate mouth piece. Due to the shape and construction of the head you do need to have a firm mouth plate to hold the shape together. I experimented with a softer material and ended up replacing the mouth. Also placement of the neck sleeve really makes a difference. The profile and how the hand sits in the head is the basis for the design.
I'll try and post some pics shortly.