Prince on Muppets Tonight

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone out there remembers seeing the episode of Muppets Tonight which guest starred The Artist Formally Known As Prince. For me it was refresing to see someone who seldom does interviews and seems (to me) to be unaccessable really let his hair down. He certainly has a sense of humour, as evidenced by the scene where he did a perody of his song Raspberry Beret (as Raspberry Souffle).

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE PEPE WAS GREAT IN IT.

I LOVED THAT THE mUPPETS GREETED HIM IN SPANDEX LEATHER WITH THE BUTTS CUT OUT

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, my favourite episode!! Well, of the MT episodes I've seen. I love it when he sings this big production number about Starfish and Coffee (maple syrup and jam!), and Rizzo is all, "I bet you can't do it again", so he sings about Raspberry Sorbet. ^__^

Xerus

Reaction score
Some of my friends were pretty surprised that someone like Prince would work with the Muppets since he is kind of eccentric.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Some of my friends were pretty surprised that someone like Prince would work with the Muppets since he is kind of eccentric.
Hmm. Well, maybe he's been a closet muppet fan for awhile. Plus I think you'd have to be eccentric to work with the muppets.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Strangely enough, THAT episode is the only total MT ep that I remember. And I watched the series faithfully when it was on too. XD

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I liked the whole problem he had trying to get Bobo to let him in.

BOBO: Okay so what's your name?
PRINCE: (To camera) This should be fun. (To Bobo) I'm the artist formerly known as Prince.
BOBO: And I'm the bear currently known as not amused. What's your name?
PRINCE: I don't have one. My name is a symbol it has no pronounciation. Here (shows him symbol) this is my name.
BOBO: Okay Dr. Worshack I'll play along. Let's see.. hmm I see my mother.
PRINCE: Look I was invited I'm tonight's guest star
BOBO: Well let me check the list.... Hmmm, I've got that little yin-yang symbol...

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I was surprised too, which is the very reason I started this thread. Other guest stars like Michelle Pfeiffer, Paula Abdul and Garth Brooks seem to me to be accessible to one and all but Prince was a little different. As Blue Weirdo says, the bit at the beginning was priceless. It showed that Prince was not afraid to send himself up; that and the Raspberry Souffle reference.