Pricing for Wilkins and Wontkins Puppets

DRAGONLADYLAURA

Reaction score
I have a question about the wilkins and wontkins vinyl puppets, circa 1958.
Can anybody tell me what they are worth, or how I might find out.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Typically around $150-$300 depending on the condition.

codename7

Reaction score
Are you planning to sell a set of Wilkins and Wontkins puppets? If so I'd like to see pictures. Any other early Muppet pieces?

troy | codename7

zns

Reaction score
What about the original :smile: and :sympathy: puppets made by IDEAL in 1966. How much would they normally go for. I would definately like to find those as well as the Wilkins and Wontkins puppets.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe an Ideal Kermit went for $1100-$1200 recently on eBay. Rowlf typically goes for $200-$400 depending on condition.

zns

Reaction score
I believe an Ideal Kermit went for $1100-$1200 recently on eBay. Rowlf typically goes for $200-$400 depending on condition.
Well of course Kermit would go for that price because it seems that he is the most rare than Rowlf seeing as how he wasn't as well known until after Sesame Street.

HerryGrail

Reaction score
I have watched Wilkins and Wontkins bring all kinds of prices on eBay over the years. I have two sets, and I'd say the average I've seen is $300 per set. I've seen them sell for under $100 each or over $500 as a set. There's no real trend over time; sometimes they're up, and sometimes they're down. Despite their age and material, most I've seen are in very good shape.

Even more unpredictable are the Spanish Vicma muppets. Boxed ones go anywhere from single digits to several hundred dollars, though I'd say they have dramatically trended downward over the years (unfortunately for me, as I invested in several duplicates when they looked very rare and hot).

Another fluctuating value is the Herry Monster puppet, which was my "Grail" for many, many years before they started showing up on eBay, hence my user name. The most recent was a boxed version in beautiful shape except for some light scratches on the pupils. It went for over $600. I've picked up a lot of them on eBay, from under $50 to over $200, depending on timing and condition.

I have wanted to pick up the Ideal Rowlf and Kermit along the way, but don't love them enough to bid what they usually go for.