Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farron

Reaction score
What where the Sony blu rays like just the dvd features on the blu ray?
You can find out the full details here:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4184/muppet_space.html

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4183/muppet_manhattan.html

Having not really seen the DVD (even though it is a blu-ray/DVD combo pack) I'm not really sure but Manhattan had some pointless Muppetisms (short footage of the muppets doing something/saying a few lines) which weren't really related to the movie at all (including one of Pepe who didn't exist at the time), and there was an interview with Jim.

Space had some outtakes, 'Shining Star' music video and just some trailers for the film.

zoebell

Reaction score
when is muppet movie and muppet caper gonna come out on blu?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes just as I though they but all the features from the DVD's to blu ray. They could have at least tried to get Frank Oz for a Comentary for Manhaten but who is spliting hairs

beaker

Reaction score
I'd love to know that too, or even talk about it! But didnt you know? These threads are strictly for discussing the horribleness (is that a word? Lol) of blu-ray. :frown:
Blu rays are incredible, but they are for fans of blu ray/hdtv. There was an ocean of difference between the move from vhs to dvd, but not as big a notice to me on a lot of films from dvd to blu ray. I think the discussion is just revolving around how Disney went OUT of their way to thumb their nose at their huge dvd fanbase.

Writersright

Reaction score
Extras, Extras, read all about it:

• The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) - A laugh out loud look at the actors'funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney's "The Muppets."
  • Disney Intermission - Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
  • Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney's "The Muppets." Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
  • Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
  • A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
  • Eight Deleted Scenes
  • Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
  • Hidden Easter Eggs
  • Theatrical spoof trailers (Value Pack Only)
  • The Complete Soundtrack (Value Pack Only)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
you have to admit that even if it is only on blu ray that is a lot of featurs

ploobis

Reaction score
I've already checked out Blue-Ray players at Best Buy and their prices are pretty fare. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sure and I'm sure you could find an even cheaper used on on ebay, or other sites like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The problem is the recession. I don't have the money to buy a Blu Ray player right now, even a cheap one. Especially when my DVD player works just fine. Though heck I don't even feel comfortable buying a new DVD right now, lol. I have priorities to think about. Again the country is in the middle of a recession and everyone seems to know it except the companies.

beaker

Reaction score
The problem is the recession. I don't have the money to buy a Blu Ray player right now, even a cheap one. Especially when my DVD player works just fine. Though heck I don't even feel comfortable buying a new DVD right now, lol. I have priorities to think about. Again the country is in the middle of a recession and everyone seems to know it except the companies.
Yep. Again, can someone explain how it would cost Disney extra money to have put all the blu ray features on the dvd? Or is this just them being jerks?

Status
Not open for further replies.