Pre-Order "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The rare special "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting" will arrive on DVD for the first time on Tuesday July 13. Here are all the details on this anticipated release. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Since most of us will be getting "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting", we'd like to mention that if you order the Sesame Street Anniversary DVD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

dmoss

Reaction score
"Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting" DVD Coming!

A release for Sesame Street's 20th Anniversary is coming! It was hosted by Bill Cosby and Kermit, apparently...looks promising! I would have been 3 when the celebration aired, so I never saw it, but did any of you get the pleasure of seeing it? I might pick this one up!

:batty:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
YES! I just saw that today- that's awesome! The "Sesame Street- 20 Years and Still Counting" special is definitely well worth it. It's a great Sesame Street special that features talks with Jim Henson and Joan Ganz Cooney and yes, Kermit the Frog is indeed featured as well! I'm quite excited for this one particularly- being a fan of Sesame Street and Kermit and Kermit on Sesame Street.:smile: (and the Muppets in general.) Wow- First "Song of the Cloud Forest", then "Dog City" and now "Sesame Street- 20 Years and Still Counting"- we're gonna wind up getting most (and hopefully all) of The Jim Henson Hour soon enough if this keeps up! (Ooh- let's hope it does!):wisdom::big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Hurray! I saw the special on YouTube, but it would be great to have it on DVD. So the Jim Henson Company owns this special? That's strange.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is amazing! I NEVER thought we would see this special released on DVD. Absolutely incredible. SUCH a great special. I'm so thrilled by this news! :wisdom:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This a great and unexpected surprise for multiple reasons...

1. The Hensons still own this special? I never would have thought that, I'd think Sesame Workshop got this when Henson sold them the SST Muppets. Guess I was wrong.

2. KERMIT ON A LIONSGATE RELEASED DVD! Could this mean good things come Christmas time :wink: I guess we'll have to wait and see...

3. More Old School Sesame on DVD. That's always great!

Wow. I know I say this every time a new Henson DVD is announced, but Lions Gate > HIT.

6ftInchworm

Reaction score
What a surprise!

Man, Lionsgate is on a role. How are they going to top this?

ploobis

Reaction score
I have never seen this special before! So I am very excited that's it's coming to DVD. :smile: :insatiable:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Awsome News! I glad to see an older Sesame Street Special coming to DVD. HOOREY!:super:

Status
Not open for further replies.