Prayers urgently needed!

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Urgent prayers are needed for Chris, who is currently living New Mexico. Chris is a wonderful guy--caring, honest, has a great sense of humor, and stands up for what he believes in. He's fortyish, like me. I've told you about him in the past--how in January 2009 he fell down, had to go to the hospital for twelve days, then had to go to rehab, and is now at home in a wheelchair. Well, his parents have been making the situation worse!

Chris' mother (her name is Shirley), seems to like controlling other people, particularly Chris himself. The house Chris lives in belongs to his parents, and, earlier this month, they just broke in and started not only insulting and threatening Chris, but Shirley tried to lure Chris' dog outside to do who-knows-what to the poor creature. On top of that, Shirley was saying how great it would be if she had full power of attorney over Chris!

Chris has told me all about this in a chat. This is not the first time they've done such a thing. To cap it all, Shirley has my parents wrapped around her little finger. And Shirley delights in making Chris' life as miserable as possible. Causing fear is one of her biggest tactics. I'm afraid to ask for prayers about the situation in church, because then my parents would know, and they'd be sure to tell Shirley--who would then do something else both sneaky and mean. The only one I've told is Pam, the pastor, in private meetings. She always keeps the information confidential, and on September 3, I told her about this most recent development. I tried to post this information that very day, but I couldn't figure it how to do so without getting logged off until tonight.

Anyway, Pam and Chris have each other's contact information, and she is trying to figure out the best way to deal with this situation. But it's not enough. That is why I am asking for prayers from all of you, because neither Chris' family nor mine knows anything about Muppet Central. I want to be with Chris, but we desperately need some means of deliverance from Shirley's hatred. Chris said he was going out of his mind, and I think it is not at all unlikely that the situation will drive him to death if it continues.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
One question.

What isn't about your parents that they're listening to his parents?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well you mention that Shirley has your parents wrapped around your finger and if she's such a problem that way are they listening to her?

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Well you mention that Shirley has your parents wrapped around your finger and if she's such a problem that way are they listening to her?
Because they don't believe that Shirley's bad. They think she's wonderful, and so they go along with practically anything she says. Shirley has a way of distorting what happened to make people believe she's in the right.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
But how is that they don't believe Shirley's bad?

If you rather I not ask anything else on your parents I'll stop it right away but there's something fishey here and I think you need to think about why your folks are falling for Shirley's evilness and not just blame it on her.

You probably need to find out how you can put a stop to this.

I myself am no expert on this but perhaps check with a lawyer or something.

Hope all turns out well in the end.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I pray that things turn out okay in the end Mary Louise. :sympathy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Mary Louise, you have my support and prayer on the matter!