Prairie Dawn & Zoe Appreciation Thread

BEAR

Reaction score
This thread is actually coming from a question. I was watching an episode of Sesame Street today and it was the episode where Telly gets invited to the monster sing-along party and Baby Bear is upset because he didn't get an invitation. Later, some lady named "Bebe Beara" comes by because she got Baby Bear's invitation in the mail by mistake. I was trying to figure out who this lady was and the more i listened to her voice it sounded just like Fran Brill. I have only seen a couple pictures of Fran and it pretty much looked like her. Was this Fran Brill??

So this led me to start this thread. I think Brill's work goes way underrated and she is a wonderful performer. She has been with the show for so long. What are your favorite moments involving Prairie Dawn, Zoe, or other Fran Brill characters?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I always liked Prarie singing "All by Myself." Also, those plays she did.

As for Zoe, I might want to think about that one for a while. I am more used to the earlier episodes, before she was around.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love Prairie Dawn (and so does Cookie Monster), and Zoe. They're two great characters, and have their places on the show!

ssetta

Reaction score
BEAR said:
This thread is actually coming from a question. I was watching an episode of Sesame Street today and it was the episode where Telly gets invited to the monster sing-along party and Baby Bear is upset because he didn't get an invitation. Later, some lady named "Bebe Beara" comes by because she got Baby Bear's invitation in the mail by mistake. I was trying to figure out who this lady was and the more i listened to her voice it sounded just like Fran Brill. I have only seen a couple pictures of Fran and it pretty much looked like her. Was this Fran Brill??

So this led me to start this thread. I think Brill's work goes way underrated and she is a wonderful performer. She has been with the show for so long. What are your favorite moments involving Prairie Dawn, Zoe, or other Fran Brill characters?
Yes, that was Fran all right. She's made a couple of cameo appearances. She was also in the 3-part episode from Season 34 with Baby Bear's little sister Curly, and she was a nurse in the hospital, I believe. She was also in a Season 25 episode where Oscar had his newsstand, and Fran was a customer wanting to buy the "Closed" sign.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And don't forget she was "B.B. Bera", when she accidentally got Baby Bear's letter, and he got her's.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Right.

And Fran's name in the 3-part Baby Bear/Curly Bear episodes was:

Nurse Rhyme.

(And Kevin Clash was the doctor in the waiting room behind her.)

Katzi428

Reaction score
Prairie's always been my favorite. I've liked her since the beginning :smile: I remember I had looked like her as a little girl.
When I was around 4,we had a gold car with a white top & I wanted to call it "Prairie Dawn"!LOL!

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
And don't forget she was "B.B. Bera", when she accidentally got Baby Bear's letter, and he got her's.

Read the opening post. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I over read that part. Anyway, my post was aimed at ssetta.