Postponed: Henson Family Day in Los Angeles - Red, Wilson & Ditch and more

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Big Henson Family event at the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles on May 22.

Red Fraggle will be hosting a sing along but also appearing will be Paul Rugg performing Ditch live and Courtney Watkins from the Possibility Shop. Plus the Sid & Buddy Walkaround characters. Should be fun.

http://www.henson.com/press_releases/2010-05-05.pdf

Come say hi if you drop in!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the "rarely seen episode of Fraggle Rock" will be at the screening and sing-along with Karen Prell. Could it be an international episode perhaps?

It sounds like a great day for folks to get to see the Henson magic up close and personal.

beaker

Reaction score
Ooh very cool! Prell is always such a sweetie and huge fan like all of us, and it would be cool to see Paul perform too.

Now are they going to do a live digital puppetry thing, or did they make a Sid the Science kid puppet? As I think that'd be pretty spiffy.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
As far as I know, Sid and Buddy will be walk-arounds. Red will be there like she was at Free Comic Book Day and Paul will be demoing Ditch live in what I believe will be a setup where you can actually talk back and forth to him. They've done it once before with Sid and it was pretty impressive.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We received an e-mail from The Jim Henson Company that this weekend's event has been postponed to a later date.

The Jim Henson Company’s Family Day at the Egyptian Theater on Saturday, May 22 has been postponed. We’ll let you know as soon as we have a new date. Thanks so much for your continued support!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This appearance had my hopes up that the company finally had things all together. I hope everything's okay. Has any reason been given? I have faith this will still happen. :excited: Still, I am a little concerned.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Well, just got word from the Producers Guild that it's still on... just scaled back, whatever that means. Apparently, Henson wanted to back out based on limp ticket sales and by canceling two days before the event, has really upset the Producers Guild (who's putting on the event).

And even more peculiar is how Henson.com hasn't updated their website or the press release, which both still say "postponed." BUT according to the PGA, it's still on. So, if attendance was going to be slim, it's really going to be now!

doc hopper

Reaction score
Also, Buddy the T-Rex and Sid the Science Kid walk around characters are scheduled to be there. But I still don't know what "scaled back" means.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So does anybody know what officially happened? Did anything go on Saturday or was it completely canceled/postponed? :smirk:

doc hopper

Reaction score
It went on as planned. Though Red and Sid didn't show, Buddy the Dinosaur was there and they screened everything.

Unfortunately, attendance was really low. I think Henson did the PGA a disservice by backing out at the last minute. There were only about 30 people there - and the Egyptian's a pretty big theater.

There must be a good reason for why this happened, but from here it just looks like someone dropped a really big ball.