Post Your Birthstones and Signs!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just had mine, April 21, on the cusp of Taurus. I believe April's birthstone is diamond, and stands for innocence. So I read in a fortune cookie somewhere...

Bridget

Reaction score
Awww.... You are a true Muppet then. All Muppets are innocent!

**Or so I believe**

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
From this website ( http://crystal-cure.com/emerald.html )
The emerald is the sacred stone of the goddess Venus. It was thought to preserve love. The emerald has long been the symbol of hope. It is considered by many to be the stone of prophecy. For some the emerald acts as a tranquilizer for a troubled mind. The emerald is said to bring the wearer reason and wisdom. The strongest time for the powers of the emerald is said to be spring.

Lucky for love, give your lover an emerald to stay faithful.

In several cultures the emerald was the symbol for fertilizing rain. In the Christian faith it is the symbol of faith and hope.
... well then.

Bridget

Reaction score
Peridot is a stone of lightness and beauty. Only spiritual or clear-minded persons should use peridot. The person with too many earthly problems will not be able to understand the beauty of the Peridot. The very spiritual can wear peridot in a necklace with the stone at the base of the throat to feel its soothing effect. Used in a necklace, peridot is a protector against negative emotions.
Peridot has been known to have healing effect on the gall bladder and liver.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bloodstone (also called heliotrope) is green with distinctive red spots that resemble blood, giving this stone its name. The bloodstone was used to stop bleeding especially nosebleeds.
There is a legend that says the bloodstone was formed from the blood of Christ dripping on the green earth and solidifying. It was also called heliotrope by the Greeks and was thought to bring change. The bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against the evil eye. Bloodstone is the symbol of justice.
Well then...

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
The pearl is the oldest known gem, and for many centuries it was considered the most valuable. Unlike all gems, the pearl is organic matter derived from a living creature - oysters and mollusks.

There is much folklore and tradition about the pearl. In fact so much history accompanies this stone that five months claim it as a birthstone - February, April, June (traditional), July and November.

The pearl is an astral stone for the signs Gemini and Cancer, and astrologers link it to the moon. It was said in some early cultures that the pearl was born when a single drop of rain fell from the heavens and became the heart of the oyster. Pearls have been called the 'teardrops of the moon'. Some believe that pearls were formed by the passage of angels through the clouds of heaven.

Over time, the pearl has become the symbol of purity and innocence and it is often sewn into bridal gowns, or worn as jewelry by the bride.
Well, I am quite innocent. I'm more innocent than a newborn lamb :halo:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Checked out my stats, and there are a few things I happened to like.

Sign: Sagittarius, the next-to-last day of the sign.
Element: Fire.
Symbol: The Centaur, which fits with my love of mythic creatures and beasts.
Ruling Planet: Jupiter, named after the Roman king of the gods, basically their version of Zeus with thunderbolts and lightning and all.
Goal: Live the good life following their own path to find their own pot of gold.
:smile: You mean like a rainbow connection?
Yeah, something like that.
Birthstone: Tanzanite, because it's an indigo stone and that's my fave color. So now I know what precious stones would be used to tabulate points for my OC's Moonstone House at Hogwarts. :fanatic:
Too bad there's no Tinker Bell tanzanite pin from the various series they've made at Disney over the years. Yet.

Only thing missing is Chinese animal.