Post Sesame Street Cereal

Hubert

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Kix. It's just way too corny for my taste, and I usually like corny cereal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently this cereal was not made for adult tastes... although some 1 year olds I know won't touch Kix, and I've LOVED that cereal my whole life.
Quoted for truth. This is a cereal focused towards the show's main demographic of preschoolers, so Post did the smart thing and focused on the nutritious grains over flavor. It seems to be very lightly sweetened, so I advise sprinkling some sugar on top. That way, you can actually just subtly taste the Banana. It's very nuanced to the point of not being able to taste it. It definitely has a Kix/Cheerios hybrid type flavor to it. It's not bad, and I've eaten worse. It's not half as terrible as Kellogg's Team USA cereal. That was a huge disappointment. The mouth feel of that one was awful.

Yeah, I actually expected that. Let's face facts, these days cereal isn't made to taste good!
Understandably because the cereal companies are tinkering with their formulas to get rid of high fructose corn syrups and to add trace amounts of whole grain to the formula to appear to be healthier. As a result, Coco puffs didn't taste like anything but saw dust for a year. They've since sort of fixed them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
although some 1 year olds I know won't touch Kix, and I've LOVED that cereal my whole life.
I used to LOVE Berry Berry Kix until they changed it recently (replacing the flavor-packed berry pieces with barely flavor-covered Kix pieces), but original Kix is nasty stuff.

But yeah, I'm with everybody else here: cool that there's now actual SST cereal, but from the looks of things, I don't expect them to actually taste real good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But yeah, I'm with everybody else here: cool that there's now actual SST cereal, but from the looks of things, I don't expect them to actually taste real good.
I swear that it's a requirement for all character driven cereals to taste lousy due to the trace amount of grain that doesn't really make the stuff healthy but taste that way. But then again, this is a cereal that's consumed by toddlers and preschoolers, so it can't be loaded with sugar and food coloring. Just sprinkle extra sugar on it and it tastes pretty alright.

Edit. Munched another handful of it... hear me out. This would make great party mix. There's so little sugar that it's not sweet, and that would go pretty good with cheese crackers and peanuts and pretzel sticks.

dwmckim

Reaction score
opened em this morning to eat...ICK!!! taste like shhh.... well theres NO flavor and there blan and have this gross after taste
:frown:: "My kind of cereal!! Where do I sign up to get my picture on the box?"

It seems to be very lightly sweetened, so I advise sprinkling some sugar on top.
:stick_out_tongue:: "Hey, this isn't too bad if you add a little sugar..."
:frown:: "Uh...Ernie - this might be a good time to talk about the difference between 'a little', 'a lot' and 'a GIGANTIC MOUNTAIN'!!!"

Reaction score
I used to LOVE Berry Berry Kix until they changed it recently (replacing the flavor-packed berry pieces with barely flavor-covered Kix pieces), but original Kix is nasty stuff.

omg, i miss the berry berry mix with the berry pieces! :frown: lol*

Reaction score
I swear that it's a requirement for all character driven cereals to taste lousy due to the trace amount of grain that doesn't really make the stuff healthy but taste that way. But then again, this is a cereal that's consumed by toddlers and preschoolers, so it can't be loaded with sugar and food coloring. Just sprinkle extra sugar on it and it tastes pretty alright.

Edit. Munched another handful of it... hear me out. This would make great party mix. There's so little sugar that it's not sweet, and that would go pretty good with cheese crackers and peanuts and pretzel sticks.
LOL* i love the "edit" part! i haven*t heard of this cereal until just a few minutes ago (when i first saw this thread), but i will def. be looking for it now! SS party mix (or cereal topped with lots of sugar. lol*) time! :wink:

Reaction score
:frown:: "My kind of cereal!! Where do I sign up to get my picture on the box?"

:stick_out_tongue:: "Hey, this isn't too bad if you add a little sugar..."
:frown:: "Uh...Ernie - this might be a good time to talk about the difference between 'a little', 'a lot' and 'a GIGANTIC MOUNTAIN'!!!"

your ernie & bert dialogue made me LOL*! could totally hear them saying that (esp. bert w/ "my kinda cereal!!! where do i sign up to get my pic on the box?" upon hearing the cereal was bland! haha*)!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I managed to make the cereal taste like banana.

I put bananas in it. :skeptical:

Really. I love the hypocrisy that leads to kid's cereals being healthier than adult ones. I looked at a package of bran, and it had the very same corn sweeteners that they want to abolish in kid's food. BRAN! Otherwise known as the thing old people with stomach ulcers eat to give them better trips to the bathroom.