Possible Puppet Show Passed On

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:
Originally, this thread was titled "The Truth About The NEW MUPPET SHOW," but with the main idea man himself having posted the actual information here:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=483781&postcount=32

I felt it was necessary to change the title of this thread. Once you get past post #32 on Page 3 of this thread, you'll get into the corrected information to discuss all this.

~Kev
===========================================================

hello all, this weekend i attended a character design workshop in Yorkshire England which fits in with my Graphic Design corse im doing at college. the workshop was run by a man called Curtis Joblin who is behind such programmes as Bob the Builder, The new Rupert the bear and other childrens programmes in the uk. he said he had recently been working with the jim henson company in america developing a new Muppet show, he was designing characters, storylines and ideas. he said the show was to include original characters like kermit, piggy, rowlf, fozzie, gonzo etc but would have many more animal characters. and instead of the shows taking part in a thearte it takes part on a desert island. the series was to start with a first episode where the muppet who are all on a boat for some reason crash on a desert island. each week a celebrity guest star was supposed to be washed up on the island and to perform in that weeks show.
Curtis didnt say any thing more except that this wouldn't be happening at all. theres no new muppet show.:concern:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well that's...strange...and obscure...and I doubt it would have worked, so maybe there's a good reason it isn't happening...More animal characters, to begin with, is just annoying...add to that a desert isn't and, ack, recipe for disaster. Vaudeville style theatre will be around forever...Lost won't.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I can imagine the Muppets in a dessert Island doing a variety show, and then guest stars...? :rolleyes:

Kermit: Its the Muppet Show, with out special guest, Mr. Palm Tree!! Yaaay!!!

Sorry for the cheesy joke,but I dont think it wouldve worked, and for some reason, I dont even believe that they would come up with the show... just a dreadful idea. Logically, if a guest comes on everyweek and leaves the Muppets when they can go back home, dont the muppets wanna be saved and come back to the original Benny Vandergist Memorial theater? Im glad this show isn't going on the air. haha.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, that kinda sounds like a fun idea. I like the cheesy thought that they're holding a variety show on a desert island. The guest gets washed up on the island? I like that. It's different. Cool.

I kinda wish they had made this. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Your 15 and in college? And he said he was working with the Jim Henson COmpany? The one that sold the muppets and thus won't be working on any new shows, especially after they lost the bid to make the puppets? (really sad that happened too) This information is highly suspect.

MWoO

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Actually, that kinda sounds like a fun idea. I like the cheesy thought that they're holding a variety show on a desert island. The guest gets washed up on the island? I like that. It's different. Cool.

I kinda wish they had made this. :smile:
It's Gilligan's Isle meets Laugh-in

Barry Lee

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Your 15 and in college? And he said he was working with the Jim Henson COmpany? The one that sold the muppets and thus won't be working on any new shows, especially after they lost the bid to make the puppets? (really sad that happened too) This information is highly suspect.
I totally agree with you MWoO.. kinda fishy.

Lew Zeland: Did someone say fish?! I oughta get my baraccuda! I throw him...

((fish flys away))

Lew Zeland: ... and he comes back to me!

((hits MwoO in the nose))

I shouldn't have said that...

((I love doing muppet script bits, so sorry if I seem a little crazy)) :embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
MWoO said:
The Jim Henson Company was involved with The Muppets Wizard of Oz.