Polyfoam Practice

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Quickl question, I just realized that in addition to it being cheaper it's also like three times wider than the stuff at Joanns. Does it arrive in a box that you can manage it with?

Goochman

Reaction score
they shrink wrap it, it's tiny when it comes. then you open the box and let it explode lol

Goochman

Reaction score
and yeah its more than twice the size of the sheets at Joanns and about 1/4 the price

Goochman

Reaction score
I just keep it rolled up in my studio. I only order 5 or so sheets at a time so it's not an insane amount to store. It only takes up about as much space as a 40yd roll of Antron

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh okay cool. I was planningon only one at a time because it's so big (and I don't have a studio) but it still seems like a huge amount

Melonpool

Reaction score
The one thing that's cool about it being so cheap and having a lot of it is that it'll really free you up to experiment and get it right.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
The one thing that's cool about it being so cheap and having a lot of it is that it'll really free you up to experiment and get it right.
Oh totally. I'm so grateful to you guys for showing me this stuff.

Goochman

Reaction score
yeah the cost is so low now that I don't mind using it to test out new ideas

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
If anyone cares I have found that hand sewing the foam is a nice way to practice with it. If it doesnt' look right you can take out the stiches and take another approach. I've found that contact cement commits you a little more.