Poll for MR's Next Muppet Replica

Who should be MR's next Muppet replica after Miss Piggy?

• Scooter

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Beaker

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Rowlf the Dog

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Sam the Eagle

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
really i think they should do one for each perfomer we have jim frank and dave now we need jerry and richard. i think floyd or Robin would be great.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
really i think they should do one for each perfomer we have jim frank and dave now we need jerry and richard. i think floyd or Robin would be great.
Personally I would like to see Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry or even Lew Zeland as a stand alone Jerry Nelson Photo Muppet. I know that's beyone a longshot, but think about the coolness of having Crazy Harry in your house! :crazy:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I voted for ROWLF, ROWLF, ROWLF!

Naturally, and I really hope more people do as well, for the same reasons WOE gave, and just because Rowlf is an extremely cool dude! He's my very favorite Muppet character, I love him so much! Really hopin' MR is able to pull it off and make a Rowlf sometime soon.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would vote if you deleted Sam the Eagle and put Statler and Waldorf on!

Telly

Reaction score
I voted for Rowlf. It was a hard choice between him and Scooter. Scooter would be easier to interact with the frog, but it came down to this...I smile more when I see Rowlf on the Muppet Show or in the movies. With the newer movies, I find myself telling my roommate that I love Rowlf and miss him. When it comes to Scooter, I just tell my roommate that I miss him. Rowlf's performances seem more heart-felt.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I picked Scooter due to price point and smaller in size. It would be nice if MR did both Scooter and rowlf for 2009 then we would all be happy. Likle I said, I would take them all. I hope the just keep pouring in. I will get an extra job just to finance them! :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Personally I would like to see Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry or even Lew Zeland as a stand alone Jerry Nelson Photo Muppet. I know that's beyone a longshot, but think about the coolness of having Crazy Harry in your house! :crazy:
Ywa having Crazy Hary in your house would be really cool it would also kind of freak me out in a way.

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know what'd be beyond cool - Uncle Travelling Matt from Fraggles in your house!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea that would be cool but what about a life size big bird that would be the coolest.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I voted Scooter, too. I had a tough time choosing between him and Rowlf. My only reason, really, is that I'd like to have a Muppet replica representing the main Muppeteers I've always admired. I already have Kermit. Richard needs some recognition, too.

Like I mentioned in another thread, MR should keep the idea of the "main seven" in mind. The target audience seems to be those who are die-hard Henson fans who experienced the "Muppet Show" era (makes sense for Gonzo to be in his wine colored tux for the replica).

Pepe is popular. Would he sell? Yeah, but he would have more appeal to the younger fans who only know the new movies, shows, etc. Beaker has had more recognition lately, too. During the "Palisades era", Beaker could be seen here and there meeping around many a mall in Hot Topics, Suncoast, Sam Goody, etc. The same can be said for Animal.

Just like fans of the Sesame Street Old School DVDs, there are lots of "old school" Muppet fans who would buy Scooter and Rowlf before Beaker and Pepe. Just something for MR to keep in mind.

I still say (though it's a long shot) I'd love to see either Robin or Floyd get made. Maybe...when they make Rizzo, Robin could be released around the same time and people could order them as a 2-pack somehow. I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

The problem is...would either Robin or Floyd sell? Again, there are a LOT of fans of the classic Muppets out there who would be glad to shell out cash for high-quality stuff. Again, think of what Palisades did. People are STILL wanting to increase their collections to this day by obtaining that certain character. Ever since "The Great Zoot and Lips Shortage" began, people are still paying close to the SAME COST of a Muppet Replica for an action figure of Zoot...and Lips! All MR has to do is check out Ebay. It happens all the time!

I also lean towards Floyd and Robin for near future replicas because these two are (besides being Jerry's characters) would compliment either Kermit or Animal. Plus, they both got bumped off the old Sideshow bust line, which stinks!

Scooter (for now) has my main vote, with Rowlf a very, very close second.

Convincing John