Political correctness has gone WAY TO FAR

Censored

Reaction score
Again, we can do this all day. You only see a problem with the right, I see a problem with both. On that message board, I had just gotten done desperately trying to explain to a Trump supporter how his trips to Mar A Lago were costing the tax payers a fortune, and driving up the prices for guests. Just a few seconds later I was being called "B****" and "Trump trash" because I said actors shouldn't be fired for their opinions. You know that's not right.
Of course it's not right, but I still think history will prove that the biggest threats to our freedom has always come from the alt-right. During WWII, it was't "both sides" causing the bloodshed, it was the Nazis. Period.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course it's not right, but I still think history will prove that the biggest threats to our freedom has always come from the alt-right. During WWII, it was't "both sides" causing the bloodshed, it was the Nazis. Period.
I wish that every conflict in our existence could be as cut and dry as WWII was. But it was that moral victory that led to the US arrogantly going into Vietnam, assuming anything we did was right. And it wasn't just conservatives who got us into that mess.

Btw, not to police your words, but alt-right is an extremely recent term. It can't be applied to history, not entirely anyway.

Censored

Reaction score
I wish that every conflict in our existence could be as cut and dry as WWII was. But it was that moral victory that led to the US arrogantly going into Vietnam, assuming anything we did was right. And it wasn't just conservatives who got us into that mess.

Btw, not to police your words, but alt-right is an extremely recent term. It can't be applied to history, not entirely anyway.
Good points. I just believe in putting blame where blame is due. If we're looking for a time when the left-wing was flat out wrong, the Symbionese Liberation Army is an excellent example. If we want to show where the right-wing was clearly wrong, look no further than the Ku Klux Klan. Both organizations committed evil, violence, and chaos. In those instances, the blame was theirs and theirs alone; it had nothing to do with "both sides."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If we're looking for a time when the left-wing was flat out wrong, the Symbionese Liberation Army is an excellent example.
That is a good example. Another example is President Johnson. Some baby boomers I talk to love his war on poverty. But others recall the chant "LBJ! How many kids did you kill today?"

If we want to show where the right-wing was clearly wrong, look no further than the Ku Klux Klan.
A lot of the victims of the KKK (African Americans, Jews, Catholics) considered themselves quite right-wing on many issues. That wasn't a case of "conservatives vs liberals." Most things are not a case of "conservatives vs liberals." All I'm saying is, we can't just vilify and write off "the right."

WWII soldiers were a mix of right and left. In fact it's a safe bet most of them weren't big leftists. We can't keep pushing this notion of "left is good, right is bad."

Btw, I made sure to put Catholics last on that list to avoid inadvertently causing offense. THAT is what most people mean when they complain about PC. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great domestic policy. Horrible foreign policy.
Murderous foreign policy. He knew the war couldn't be won. He knew, and did nothing. In fact he ran a campaign giving the impression his opponent would cause war, but he was the one who ended up doing it! I don't give a crap what else he did.

Censored

Reaction score
A lot of the victims of the KKK (African Americans, Jews, Catholics) considered themselves quite right-wing on many issues. That wasn't a case of "conservatives vs liberals." Most things are not a case of "conservatives vs liberals." All I'm saying is, we can't just vilify and write off "the right."

WWII soldiers were a mix of right and left. In fact it's a safe bet most of them weren't big leftists. We can't keep pushing this notion of "left is good, right is bad."

Btw, I made sure to put Catholics last on that list to avoid inadvertently causing offense. THAT is what most people mean when they complain about PC. :wink:
That's why the distinction of the "alt-right" is often made.

Censored

Reaction score
Murderous foreign policy. He knew the war couldn't be won. He knew, and did nothing. In fact he ran a campaign giving the impression his opponent would cause war, but he was the one who ended up doing it! I don't give a crap what else he did.
But, please, don't think he was the only President that ever did that.