Poetry.com is a SCAM

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Just figured I'd give a headsup to anyone who may not know this already. There is a website, called Poetry.com, and they will accept poems for free. I sent in a poem of mine, Immortal Time.

They've told me I was to be put into a book! Then someone would read my poem for a CD they're putting out!!

I was so excited. Now, because I'm a lazy procastinator, I never bought either of them. Then, a couple of days ago, this past Friday to be exact I got a letter, inviting me to their International Society of Poets Convention! It was to be held, in Las Vegas NV.

I hemmed and hawwed about it for a couple of days, then I looked over the past few letters. The book, the cds, now this.

Something didn't smell right to me.

So I searched it up on Wikipedia.org. You usually have to keep a sharp eye out on there, of course. But this made complete sense to me.

Wikipedia's Entry on Poetry.com

One Person's Personal Account on their Convention. (circa 2000)

A Website Reporting Poetry.com as a Scam

Please, my friends. If you've entered a poem at Poetry.com, don't bother with anything they send you. Thanks for listening to me.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*laughs out loud* Just muffining a thread, are ya?

Oh wait. You're doing a great job, Snowthy! You might've killed the thread already!! :wink:

P

Princeton

Sara, I'd love to read your poem, but I'm afraid the link isn't working.:cry:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Sorry. Apperently they won't let you directly link to the thing. >>

Just type in Vines (last name) and Sara (first name)

It should take you to it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You should take your poems off there. I read all of the articles that you posted. That is SO sad. :frown: It's sad that people are being taken advantage of by something like that. :/

Edit: LOVELY poem, by the way. Maybe you should put your poem on DeviantArt, or something like that instead.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That was a nice poem. It really makes you stop and pay attention to the things you ignore and take for granted in life.