Play With Me Sesame on UK Disney

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm just a bit confused because Playhouse Disney is showing Play With Me Sesame. Not that I'm complaining; but how come Disney can show something Sesame!?

:confused:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Eh, that's just more exposure for the other company, no problem there. Disney shows lotsa stuff that they don't own. Warner Bros. Movies, FOX, all kinds of stuff.

Not sure how the rights work, but it's like old TV shows (or even new shows) that go into syndication and are aired on other networks besides the original.

T

timrikthegorf

I did not know this. I hope i can catch an episode because I heard Steve did not do Ernie for one of the seasons.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Don't forget that Disney is a very, very large company and their vaults extend very far into several companies. They bought FOX out not too long along and they also own ABC, and FOX very deep archives.

T

timrikthegorf

They own fox? I thought they just bought that Fox Family Channel and Fox Kids.

What time is Play With Me Sesame on?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
They own fox? I thought they just bought that Fox Family Channel and Fox Kids.

What time is Play With Me Sesame on?

Disney DOESN'T own ANY part of Fox at all! They bought fox family (now ABC family) from Fox and Saban Inc., Disney did get the Power Rangers, old Spider Man and other Marvel Carttons from the 60's up to the early 90's toons out of the deal. They also got Goosebumps, Digemon and that it! No part in FOX what so ever! :concern:

McFraggle

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Disney DOESN'T own ANY part of Fox at all! They bought fox family (now ABC family) from Fox and Saban Inc., Disney did get the Power Rangers, old Spider Man and other Marvel Carttons from the 60's up to the early 90's toons out of the deal. They also got Goosebumps, Digemon and that it! No part in FOX what so ever! :concern:
This is correct. They do not own Fox, they just bought what was then called Fox Family Worldwide, which includes the above as well as a large number of international kid's channels. :smile:

T

timrikthegorf

Does that include Fox Kids? That thing dissappeared and the shows went to ABC Family.