Play With Me Sesame (old clips)

BEAR

Reaction score
Not many people realize this so I thought I'd throw it out there for those of you who crave the classic skits. Play With Me Sesame (on Noggin) features many of the classic skits on the show. Some of them go as far back as before Jim Henson's death. I can't tell the exact dates from watching them and I don't know if there are many from the 70s, but there are atleast some great ones from the 80s.
Today there was the old Two-Headed Monster bit where they demonstrate different emotions. There was the random purple monster singing the "Comb" song that someone mentioned recently in another thread. There were also two great Bert & Ernie sketches. The first one was Ernie having an imaginary tea party and Telly comes over to join. The other was Ernie being sad because he doesn't think he is special, and then Bert convinces him how unique and special he is. That later one looked particularly old because of the way the characters looked. It was when Ernie had more of a grin.
Anyway, just thought I would remind you guys. It seems that the classic clips they aren't using on Sesame Street anymore that many of us want to see more of are being used on Play With Me. Better than nothing though, right.:stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Definitely! That's why I watch Play With Me Sesame when I can- there's tons of great skits and songs used. I about freaked out when I actually saw Betty Lou and an AM on a song- (It's a Spanish song- I think- don't remember much more except that they're sitting on a bench in a park.)
And there's been some great Ernie and Bert clips on there as well.

Rosewood

Reaction score
It's true

It's true, there are alot of good clips shown on "Play with me Sesame". I was able to obtain some copies, through trade, and my kids love them! I just wish the channel airing it would make itself more accesable. We still don't get "Noggin" here, and, by the time we do, I'm sure any SS programs will be long gone.:cry: The only thing I wish they wouldn't do on this show is, when they show an old clip, sometimes they make it so it is a "picture inside a picture", with Grover or another character narrating or pointing things out. But, like you said, some is better than none!:stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
It's true, there are alot of good clips shown on "Play with me Sesame". I was able to obtain some copies, through trade, and my kids love them! I just wish the channel airing it would make itself more accesable. We still don't get "Noggin" here, and, by the time we do, I'm sure any SS programs will be long gone.:cry: The only thing I wish they wouldn't do on this show is, when they show an old clip, sometimes they make it so it is a "picture inside a picture", with Grover or another character narrating or pointing things out. But, like you said, some is better than none!:stick_out_tongue:

The picture in picture thing with Grover commentary is usually only one time in an episode. Its usually a song too. Usually a song that can easily be accessed on video or on the current Sesame Street anyway. I find it annoying sometimes too though.

superfan

Reaction score
Thanks Bear! :smile:
I mentioned in a previous thread that Play With Me Sesame premiered this week on our local children's channel so it's certainly nice to know that there'll be some good stuff to look out for!
Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few episodes before heading out to work!

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
Thanks Bear! :smile:
I mentioned in a previous thread that Play With Me Sesame premiered this week on our local children's channel so it's certainly nice to know that there'll be some good stuff to look out for!
Hopefully I'll be able to catch a few episodes before heading out to work!

Yeah, they usually fit in a good amount of those sketches in a 30 minute time slot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
There was the random purple monster singing the "Comb" song that someone mentioned recently in another thread.
That would be Furline Huskey singing "Comb Your Face".

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
That would be Furline Huskey singing "Comb Your Face".
THERE YA GO! I had a feeling he had a name. Thanks, Snowth!:smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
PWS is a great program for young and old and I love all the clips they even showed one with Biff and Grover as cavemen. That was cool.