Play With Me Sesame - Classic Skits

Grover

Reaction score
Does anybody have a list of SS classic segment that have been shown on P.W.M.S? I've seen the show twice, but I didn't notice many classic clips?

fozziefan

Reaction score
I don't have any kind of list, but two classic skits I remember being on there are Grover singing "Over Under Around and Through" and Grover and Biff as cavemen trying to pull the rock up the mountain.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I saw the show, and I noticed a few Rare SS Clips. for Instance they showed Cookie Monster's Poem, Light and Heavy with Kermit and Grover, The Magic Chain with Ernie and Bert, Near and Far with Grover (70's Remake), and the Dr. Ernie Sketch. If there is anymore Rare Sketches Please Let Me Know.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i can remember seeing...

'oh the bells...listen to the bells, ding-a-ling, hear em ring, everybody listen to the bells..'
inside herry
'i dance myself to sleep..'
anything muppets making random noises that eventually make music
healthy food
'i think that it is wonderful that i can smell a rose...'
kermit on old mcdonalds farm
kermit, prince charming and rapunzel

there's a butt load more, but thats the best i can do off the top of my head..

Grover

Reaction score
They show Kermit on P.W.M.S. Wow, Could anyone give a list of Kermit's sketches they show?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Here are two from P.W.M.S. that I recall seeing:

"Me lost me cookie at the disco"
Cookie at the bakery- Cookie imagines a large cookie & "eats" it.

I'm sorry I missed Bert and Ernie and the "magic chain." I would have enjoyed seeing that one again!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Just seeing this thread made me want to catch Play With Me Sesame again, so I saw an episode of it today. There was a lot of cool classic stuff on there- actually, there were some newer sketches I hadn't seen before- pretty cool ones. One with Ernie and Bert where Ernie is actually picking up his toys for once, but then he throws them all out again as he's showing Bert how easily he can find Rubber Duckie again! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
And one with Elmo, Telly, Rosita, Zoey, Humphrey, Ingrid, Alphonse (a green Honker), and Herry all talking about next to! And it ends with all of them dogpiling on Elmo!

But the most classic one was probably the one where Kermit was on! He played his "Imagination" game in a park on a sunny day. Farley and a AM girl could be seen in the background. Kermit invited the viewers to close their eyes and imagine- and the screen really did turn all purple during this part- but you could still hear Kermit's voice. And then when he told you to open your eyes- the scene would be changed- once to imagine it was raining, and the next time to imagine it was snowing. And then to imagine it was a sunny day again! That was pretty cool.:smile:
But I was wondering if that's exactly how it went originally on Sesame Street?

Anyway- definitely some great sketches on there.
And I love Prairie Dawn's song for the artwork show- the tune is the same as what she used to sing when she directed plays on Sesame Street- "Welcome, dear viewers to our little show..."

And I love the way she says, "Thank you, thank you And thank you!" at the end with a laugh. (Sounds very similar to Fozzie on The Muppet Show. Cool!)

And of course, Grover starts it off with his classic "Helloooo Everybodyeeeee!!!!" greeting, which is definitely classic Sesame Street!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
There's some I Forgot to Mention. For Instance There was that Bookworm Song( Speaking of Which when did that Air), Long and Short with Kermit and Grover, The one sketch when Ernie doesn't Feel Special, Happy and Sad With Kermit and Elmo, and this one Sketch when Elmo sings about sounds everywhere.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think the worm song aired either between the late 80's and early 90's. It was when they had the newer library. I think. I just rememeber when that aired back in the day. I just remember the newer library segments.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
this morning i saw 'fat blue' at a baseball game trying to catch a foul ball, while grover, trying to sell him a hotdog, keeps ruining it for him, not sure how old this one was...the monsters in the sketch looked kind of newish i think..

also have just seen prairie dawn, 'things that i can do all by myself'