Pixar Vs. Dreamworks

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
No wait. There's one movie/short thingy I like. Luxo JR. It's cute. It's nice. It's great.

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
IMO, think they both suck. Down with CGI cheesy kid's movies!

And that's the other thing. Pixar isn't kiddie. They play to every level. I think this can especially be said of A Bugs Life and Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo had some great themes in there aiming at adults, especially those who are parents. That is why these are called Family Films and not Childrens Films.

One thing I forgot to mention is I commend The Incredibles. As the first of their movies to have an all human cast, they really mastered the naturalistic movements of a living person. The gestures were beautifully subtle and realistic. Remember in Toy Story when that kid looked like a creepy robot from the Duracell commercials!?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
not a "Bugs Life " fan. i think that Sherk 3 and 4 are just going to be played out. need to see "chicken little ?????" and madagascar

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really know how to classify Chicken Little because it is CGI and it is Disney but not Pixar. So I guess it is in its own separate group. Still have to see it. That and Valiant.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
What about that Ice Age thing? Definately blech.
:O Ice age is AWESOME.

Overall I prefer Pixar by far, but I have to stick up for Ice Age.
But I find, Pixar has everything going on in their movies: The animation is beautiful and very finished looking, cartoony but very realistic at the same time, so you feel like you'll see these characters right around the corner. Excellent scripts and voice actors, so everything seems seamless and extremely enjoyable. My personal fave has to be Monsters, Inc. with Finding Nemo in a very close second, and Toy Story rounding it out.

Dreamworks, I find, their movies seem to be a little more wacky, and that it not always the kind of humour that I like to watch. Their animation seems to be a little more stylised, and very cartoony. And I thought Shrek 2 was just capitalising on the pervious sucess of Shrek (which I like alot).

Overall it seems that the Pixar movies are more polished and finished, and I seem to enjoy them much more throughly than I do with the Dreamworks movies. I find that in general, the Dreamworks movies make me laugh for the time being, but that the Pixar films really leave a lasting and timeless impression.

Wow, alot of rambling right there.

Spamela

Reaction score
Finding Nemo is so cute! the Incredibles ROCKED though!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Its so hard to rank the Pixar movies because they are all truly great in their own ways.
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars

I wonder what is next on the agenda for Pixar. i know that they are thinking of making Toy Story 3, but is there anything new that we may be seeing?