"Pioneers of Television" to spotlight Jim Henson 2/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm surprised this thread hasn't already been opened, but on febuary 2, the PBS series "Pioneers of Television" will have a segment devoted to Jim Henson, in an episode about children's television. The episode will also be available as a single-disc DVD and part of a complete season 2 set.

The Muppet Wiki page already has images of the DVD covers, which depict Jim Henson with a Snerf. It's said that it will focus on his early television work, up to Sesame Street. But why do I get the feeling that it won't include any clips with Kermit or Rowlf? After all, the cover shows Jim with an obscure character as opposed to them or even Ernie (I think it's pretty much confirmed that Sesame Street will be represented). Though I would expect Disney to own the rights to the Snerfs (unless Disney doesn't really care when it comes to characters that obscure). Or maybe it's just a case of them not being able to include Kermit, Rowlf, or Ernie on the cover (which would make sense to me a few years ago, but now considering recent Henson/Sesame DVD covers including characters owned by other companies I am a bit surprised).

EDIT: I was just looking at the DVD covers, and I didn't notice before that the season two cover features Rowlf with Jim. I thought the images of Jim Henson were the same on both covers. So I guess that means that the Disney-owned characters will appear in clips in that episode.

zns

Reaction score
Set your DVR's folks. I will definitely want to see this for myself.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on ToughPigs and The Muppet Mindset. I'll have to remember to watch it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, will definitely check it out!

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'd watch it, but it airs on a Wednesday night, which is when I have improv and work. :boo:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am excited for this!
The 1st season of pioneers of Television was great so I can only expect the same for this 2nd season I really hope they give Jim the proper Respect deserves and get the information right!

Yorick

Reaction score
Not too long now...
It looks like the description I saw says it'll have more than just Jim in the episode, but I hope I'm wrong...
I'd like Jim only, of course!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Not too long now...
It looks like the description I saw says it'll have more than just Jim in the episode, but I hope I'm wrong...
I'd like Jim only, of course!
I believe the episode is on children's television in general. Sesame Street and Jim Henson will be a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.