Pinwheel

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's the coolest website ever!(besides this one of course) I couldn't believe all the memories it brought back! Especially the sound clips and media clips! Very cool!

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember when I first got cable back in 1983, I first came across the Nickelodeon channel when it was younger.

The shows it featured were Pinwheel, Today's Special, Dusty's Treehouse, Lassie, Black Beauty, Dangermouse, Belle and Sebastian, Out of Control, Mr. Wizard, Special Delivery, and the show famous for green slime, You Can't Do That on Television.

Also before the orange logo, there was a silver ball with the word, Nickelodeon, in rainbow letters. And before Nick at Nite, the station would go off the air every night at 8PM.

I miss the old days of Nick.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Heck, who can forget that crazy Napoleon bird one of the characters kept seeing, but no one believed him?

Anyway, that "Hattytown" was probably taken from the Krofft's "Lidsville", where it's a land inhabited by hat people...yet no silly bad-guy wizard, good guy genie and kid lost in a weird world...

Convincing John

Reaction score
More cartoons

Here are two more cartoons they showed on Pinwheel. One is called "Bod", and you can read more about it here:

http://www.thechestnut.com/bod.htm

And here's a cartoon called "King Rollo", they played on Pinwheel quite a bit:

http://www.thechestnut.com/rollo.htm

There's plenty of photos and (I think) some sounds too. (I just hope everyone knows that I didn't make any of the sites I suggested from this thread). I just went on a Google search one day for "Pinwheel"-related stuff and...voila!

Convincing John

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Is it just me or does "Simon in the Land of Chalk" Seem very like this show showing on Nick nowadays called "Chalkzone" This boy has magic chalk and can use it on any chalkboard/blackboard surface and enter this place called "Chalkzone" -- hence the title. I just realized, that this show's idea was probably taken from "Simon" Does that make any sense? Just wanted to get that off my chest.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...Gordon and Susan USED to be the main couple on the show, and then gradually Maria and Luis became the main ones.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This is one of my favorites! I used to watch this all the time! Wondered what ever happened to it.