1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Lol... I'm not sure what's to come of this, Marty! But I shall stay tuned. :D

Btw, it's great to hear from you again- I missed YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! :'D
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Thank you Kiki. I've missed you also. :)

Things are a bit busy this time of year, but I promise to compose this special Muppet Labs segment soon.

I hope you like it also Sister Caroline. :D
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

:confused: Welcome back again. Come in here Beaker.

(Beaker appears wearing an enormous knapsack with rocket valves protruding from the bottom)

My assistant Beaker is wearing Muppet Labs special patent Happy Wanderer's knapsack. If an evil goat should happen to knock you off or if you suddenly see huge boulders rolling down out of nowhere at you, all you have to do is pull this little ripcord and you will be rocketed up into the air while helicopter blades pop out of the opening on top to steady your flight. Please demonstrate Beaker.

(Beaker hesitates just for a moment. Then takes hold of the ripcord)

To be continued. Can you bear the suspense?
  4. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I'm on the edge of my seat, Marteh! XPP :excited:
  5. Bill Bubble Guy

I promise I will finish this as soon as I can Kiki.

And Merry Christmas to you and all other admirers of this beloved thread. :D
  6. Bill Bubble Guy

Muppet Labs Wanderer's Knapsack part 3.

Beaker pulls the ripcord, helicopter blades pop out and rocket takes off. He flies up under steady control.

:confused: See how easy it is to handle. Folks with this invention you will never again have to fear those evil goats lurking up in the alps as you wander along the mountain tracks.

Suddenly a goat appears with a lasso and casts it at Beaker looping around the blades. They get all tangled up in the rope and as they can no longer turn, Beaker beguns to spin round and round instead, zooming out of control eventually smashing through the wall and crashing outside.:eek: MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Goat runs off laughing and laughing.

:confused: Um. Well. That's all today from Muppet Labs. Heh. Heh.
  7. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

LAWL!

Seriously, lol on a stick. :3

Marty...

...have you ever considered scriptwriting?

For The Muppets?

Or, y'know, I'm sure Australia has some Muppet equivilent (if The Ferels were to ever come back to the telly XDDD).

That would make an awesome running gag, y'know? Bringing up a sketch from 30 years ago in a recent Muppey Labs. :)
  8. Bill Bubble Guy

Boy that sure would be fun Kiki. They could even show the classic sketch before the Muppet Labs segment. A bit of a mixture of old and new material in a Muppets Production. :D
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

By the way our piggies would like to wish everybody a Happy New Year 2010. :D :excited: :super:
  10. Bill Bubble Guy

Hey guess what? :excited:

Did you know that our beloved sketch is mentioned in a climber's forum under the thread title "Muppet Mountain Massacre"? Isn't that awesome? :super: :cool:
  11. Bill Bubble Guy

Special Announcement

I would just like to say that I think it's very flattering to our trio of piggies that Ed AKA The Count has officially included them in his 19th edition of Muppet Character listings.:super::cool:

A big thank you Ed and the piggies thank you as well.:excited:
  12. Bill Bubble Guy

13. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Haha, I'm on my dad's laptop, which was wireless, so I can check these out. :D Awesome-as, thanks for posting! :D
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

I'm glad you like it Kiki. What do you think of the German dub compared with the original?

Personally I think it's very well done except maybe for the screams of all three pigs. At least the first two who fall seem to me a little weak and less realistic sounding. The last pig with the boulders isn't too bad though his scream lasts perhaps a bit too long. The original is cut off quick to imply he's squashed to death while this one seems to linger.

But still very good. Do you agree with my views Kiki?
  15. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I do (again, sorry for not replying to the PMs earlier on- I haven't been on the computer for a couple of days), Marty. I love watching things in different languages, lol, but the screams where a little weird, heehee. Obviously I prefer the original, but German is kind of appropiete in a way (guh, I think I'm thinking of Austrian *lol*)... I like it.
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

HeeHeeHee. Austrian and Australian are so very similar indeed Kiki.:D

Reminds me of a joke I heard about 200 crates of boomerangs being shipped to Austria by mistake. Then again maybe similar sort of things have happened in small deliveries between the two countries in real life. LOL;)
  17. Bill Bubble Guy

Incidentally Kiki, I wonder what that exclamation the leader piggy made in German was after the second piggy fell? It sounds like "Kien po" It must mean something like "Dear me" :D

Also I'd like to know just what he says to the middle piggy after the first one falls. I know what the obvious assumption is of course, but I wonder whether it's an exact translation of "Watch your step" or could it be something at least closely along the lines of it? It certainly must make hilarious sense to German or Austrian people. That's fersure. ;)
  18. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Lol! That's hilerious!

Heehee. ^^ When I can, I'm gonna re-watch it, because I found that a lot of the dialogue wasn't all that clear.
  19. Bill Bubble Guy

Well as soon as you do Kiki please be sure to add your thoughts upon these comments of mine. :D

I'm really loving this discussion. ;)
  20. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

So am I, but I hope to use my Dad's laptop to access the clips. Youtube doesn't work on my laptop at present for some reason... :concern: