Pig Goat Banana Cricket

mr3urious

Reaction score
Loved the fact they made the most idiotic contrivances possible in this one.
There's also the bag of pickle seeds Pig found that was somehow missed by the anti-pickle patrol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before. This show absolutely embraces stupid and it's glorious. Stupid seems like it's easy, but so many cartoons attempt it, and there's a low success rate.

Oh... forgot to say, the triumphant return of Armpit Willie and Psychopath Giraffe. If only they could bring back Lipstick Horse and Time Donut as well some day. And whatever happened to the Ham Hocks?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Pig Goat Banana Cricket comic has officially premiered in New Nickelodeon magazine. I skimmed through it, it's short, and while it doesn't have the same round robin storytelling as the show, it did focus on Banana's adventures with something similarly to one of their pieces. The artwork is pretty good, if a might toned down, but captures the show's spirit as best it can in comic form. I'm sure it would have looked better on glossy stock. The papery stock usually sucks the life out of the colors in a comic book.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, whaddya know. Another really enjoyable episode in a row!

I think the show is really starting to make something profound of its stupidity much like Ren & Stimpy and Uncle Grandpa. I liked how the monkey persona Banana was forced to assume during Pig's parents' stay turned out to be real, and made recurring appearances in the episode. And let's not forget Banana trying to get back at those scouts for literally scaring the crap out of him about a seemingly mythical monster, only for his plan to go horribly right as he gets the monster out of retirement. And I just love the whole trope of a character using his/her weakness or illness to save the day -- in this case, Pig's allergic reaction to underpants.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked the episode a lot, but I'd be at a loss if I didn't say that Quanderious Gooch was the best part. Sure, I love how they brought back Armpit Willie and Psychopath Giraffe in a couple episodes, but I want to see more of Gooch. Lots more. There's something Ren and Stimpy-ish about him.

Loved how Pig's parents were Archie and Edith. Didn't expect that. I see they're done something clever with the title cards announcing the characters' storylines (well, except the last one was pretty straight). And that Calvin Clam design was inspired.

Anyone else think the bit where Banana was calling Gunk Knuckle a "wimp" to get him to become angry and scary again was unintentionally like that Wander over Yonder episode where Hater was trying to get his hero back to being evil?

mr3urious

Reaction score
For the second time in a row, Thomas Jefferson appeared as a character. Though unlike the one before, he contributes to the plot, and is a big jerk to Goat (thus giving her more of a reason to be afraid of nickels).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The animation is much more fluid than the last episode.

Making Thomas Jefferson a recurring antagonist is more delightful batcrap craziness from this series. Also loved how the big, great, mystic secret of the Mystery Spot was just Armpit Willie. I really like the main characters and all, but the eccentricity of the side characters is too good to overlook.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now we get to see Boopelite City's equivalent of Christmas, Chalawunga. And I love how they seemed to make fun of the whole "Flat Earth Atheist" trope where everyone but Pig doesn't believe in a (supposedly) mythical holiday figure despite being in a world where all sorts of surreal crap happens. Oh, and Danny Trejo was the voice of Filthy the Foot. :smile:

And I see that Filthy had "footroids" in between his toes that prevented him from delivering his sparkle eggs. So does that mean he...?

Ewwww!!! :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just the name "Filthy the Foot" had me doubling over. This series delights in its own nonsense and stupidity. Making something of those insane concepts and having them make some sort of sense is how you sell that brand of insanity. Especially with what they got away with. Filthy the Foot's extremely questionable means of gift giving (essentially kissing his butt), probably as a goof on how Santa comes off a bit creepy with modern sensibilities. And they just had to give Banana a soap on a rope in prison.

I get the feeling Goat's Chalawunga song is supposed to mock the Hanukkah song by Adam Sandler. Her's was funnier. But what I really liked was the twist on an old cliche at the end. After parting with all those pairs of Awesome Shoes, Banana winds up getting his gift at the end. The same cheap and lousy gift of rubber cockroaches he was going to give the other three. And was grateful for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else think the My Pillow Guy sounds an awful lot like The President of the Planet from this show?