piano player questian

blewdave

Reaction score
does anyone remember the name of the piano player who whould smash his head against the keys? i'm 36 and neither me or my friends can recall. please please please will somebody help me?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I thought he debuted in 1974. Oh well. What was his first appearance? Was it "Mary Had a Bicycle"?

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
Since I read the book Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles, I always thought Don Music debuted in 1981, because the caption under the sketch of the character said 1981. But if you read the final "Dear Sez Me" section (the fan mail section) in the book Sesame Street Unpaved, you'll see that some people ages 25-30 wrote in and said they recalled a character who would hit his head against the piano, and asked what his name was? I'm thinking, if they were around 30 years old in the mid '90's (when the book was written), then that means they may have watched SS in the mid '70's.

astrotrain

Reaction score
Don Music appeared in the mid to late 70's. I remeber it pretty clearly, it was
a Muppet News Flash, and Don was at his piano with a bust of Beethoven on top of it.

Later in the 80's he made another attempt of banging his head against a desk as Thomas Jefferson writting the The Declaration of Independence.

Speaking of musicians... there was another one who was blue with orange or yello long hair who sang rock on sesame street. He appeard also in the late 70s.

Anyone know his name?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the character astrotrain mentioned is a spoof of a rocker, like Jon Bon Jovi or Mick Jagger or something like that.

BJ

Frazzle

Reaction score
astrotrain said:
Don Music appeared in the mid to late 70's. I remeber it pretty clearly, it was
a Muppet News Flash, and Don was at his piano with a bust of Beethoven on top of it.

Later in the 80's he made another attempt of banging his head against a desk as Thomas Jefferson writting the The Declaration of Independence.

Speaking of musicians... there was another one who was blue with orange or yello long hair who sang rock on sesame street. He appeard also in the late 70s.

Anyone know his name?
The muppet you are describing above is Little Chrissy. He was blue with feathery tangerine colored hair.

Little Chrissy

MuppetDude

Reaction score
His band is also known as "Chris and the Alphabeats", but "Little Chrissy" was probably given to him in case he was not with his band.