Photo Replica Speculation - Coming next?

Beauregard

Reaction score
So I heard that they are planning on releasing Sweetums in 2008...alright, I'm kidding, that is so not going to happen.

But what is going to happen? My guess would be either Fozzie as the next replica, or else something smaller such as Pepe or Rizzo. I thought we should have a thread dedicated to thoughts, dreams, and guesses...not to mention a perfect place for a debate over what version of Piggy they should use.

EDIT: How oh how did I spell Speculation, Specukation? What am I dyslexic AND blind???

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I definitely think either Fozzie or Miss Piggy will be next. Most likely Fozzie, seeing as he is SO much easier to make than Piggy and won't cause nearly as much anger about what version they use/what clothes they use.

But I really hope that eventually we see Scooter, Rowlf, Rizzo, Pepe, Robin, Sam, Floyd, and Statler and Waldorf before the line is over. I know that it is HIGHLY unlikely that we will, but we can hope.

I think that we will DEFINITELY get Piggy and Fozzie, definitely. But I'm not too sure about anyone else.

Beauregard

Reaction score
(Speaking of Speck...peck...Camilla. Gonzo will certainly not be complete without her, but is she worth making and buying by herself? Something to concider...)

I see Fozzie coming before Piggy because, as you said, his head is SO much more easy to create than Piggy's. Also, I'd far rather have Fozzie than Animal...I'm rather surprised that he was announced as the third in the series. Is he that famous???

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well, I have seen Animal on quite a few t-shirts, so I guess he is somewhat popular. I am kind of surprised that Fozzie didn't make it over Animal though. I would like to see Fozzie be next for the same reasons as everyone else, seriously, how would they make Piggy? If they do keep going though, they'll end up making her eventually one would think. I'll go ahead and ask the question, what do you all think she should look like? I have always like GMC Piggy the best, but that's just my opinion. Thoughts?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Muppet Central review cites Gonzo is next followed (if sales are good) by Animal. These would be my best bets.

Having seen a little bit of what Muppet characters sell with the Palisades line, I have a few predictions.

I'm not certain about the bear due to his size, and the product being a replica. That could be problematic - I really hope not.

Having these things be in limited edition helps things, however I've seen great replicas of relatively popular characters collect dust on store shelves. It seems with Kermit, Gonzo and Animal that they are mainly going for sure things.

I would have to predict (with having no knowlege) the next replica would be Rizzo or Pepe. Maybe Piggy. She doesn't have a track record as being a big selling character when compared to her counterparts. Beaker is both a fan and non-fan fave, but there's the size issue again. The "where the heck do I put it?" could set in while ordering.

I'd also expect a penguin sooner than a chicken. I could be totally wrong there. I don't really expect either though. Also expect the price to go up with Gonzo due to the number of materials and hours it will take to get him (hopefully) right. :concern:

The top ten characters I'd most like to see (in my quasi-serious dream list) are in this order: 4 Scooter, 5 Pepe, 6 Piggy, 7 Fozzie 8 Beaker 9 Rowlf 10 Rizzo. I would also like to see Statler, Waldorf, Teeth, Janice, Beau and Sam but I'm probably dreaming there. Oh, and my pick of Beaker (without Bunsen) stems from the thought his sales wouldn't be as strong.

I don't see them doing 10, but those are my fantasy pics of ones that seem somewhat possible. :embarrassed: Do you think with characters like Fozzie they'd make just the waist hands and head? Hmmm.

Anyway. Those are my thoughts. But merely uninformed ideas. That was fun. Now jamie goes running. Have to work off yesterday's tofu. :zany:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see a Scooter and it would be a perfect world if they had Sweetums. That would cost a fortune though. :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm thinking as well that Rizzo might well come along after Animal. Thinking about it, if the costs rise, and the sales dwindle a bit (as they always do after these lines have been out a while) it'll probably make sense to do something smaller and less expensive, plus he'll go well with Gonzo. I can see them doing Statler and Waldorf, and yeah perhaps Fozzie if things did keep going well though.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wish the forth Muppet photo puppet will be Fozzie or Miss Piggy, but as Master Replicas dont want to use all the main characters at once and keeping in the size range, realistically I would say that Rowlf will probably be the next after Animal.