Phobias

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, I realized I never answered my own question, I just made fun of the gal from the radio.

Soooo, anyway, I have a phobia about sudden loud noises. Actually, loud noises in general, but sudden ones are the worst. I hate thunderstorms, fireworks, gun salutes, explosions of any kind, balloons popping, fire alarms, you name it, if it's loud, it bothers me. I really don't know why, but I try to avoid as many of the above as I can!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ok, I realized I never answered my own question, I just made fun of the gal from the radio.

Soooo, anyway, I have a phobia about sudden loud noises. Actually, loud noises in general, but sudden ones are the worst. I hate thunderstorms, fireworks, gun salutes, explosions of any kind, balloons popping, fire alarms, you name it, if it's loud, it bothers me. I really don't know why, but I try to avoid as many of the above as I can!
*Blows up a potato chip bag and pops it*

Pork

Reaction score
I also have a phobia over my window and/or curtains being open at night. I dunno, but as soon as it gets dark I NEED to close my windows and curtains before I can sleep or even be relaxed. I cant sleep if they are open.
When I was little I had to have my curtain closed, I remeber a particular Baba episode that freaked me out, it was like a storm and Rhetakses (forgive spelling) was at the window but only for like three seconds you could see his shilouette when the lightning flashes, that scared me to pieces!But not so much now.

I have a mild phobia of sharks, I have heard many true storys about shark attacks, many of them local for me. So I definately prefer to swim in a pool rather than at the beach.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This woman calls in and said she's afraid of the Muppets! She said she couldn't watch Sesame Street as a kid and that even as an adult her boyfriend pops in the Muppet Movie and she breaks out into a sweat and has a panic attack! The DJ asked if any particular Muppet freaked her out more and she says "Beaker, he doesn't have eyes." To which I'm like "I think you mean Bunsen!" (Yes I did shout this outloud in my car as if she could hear me) Anyway I just thought that was hilarious that someone was afraid of the Muppets.
Well, if it's of any significance, I know someone I go to school with who's afraid of puppets (I don't know if she's specifically afraid of Muppets), but if anyone asks nicely, I will once again tell the story of her hilarious freak-out when she met one of my puppets.

Me, however, absolutely scared of going upside-down in a vechile, like say a roller coaster. I tend to avoid most roller coasters for that reason, not that I'm scared of the ride itself, I just don't want to feel that sensation.

Dinosaurs freaked me out for years when I was younger. There's something about the Sinclairs that kinda creeped me out. I actually think they look a little too lifelike (then again this is a bit more true when your 3 then at 16).

Telly

Reaction score
I'm slightly afraid of heights. Deathly afraid of any snakes. Spiders just gross me out. I'm afraid of moths though. Stupid, I know. When I was like 8 my older brother told me about how he had just seen Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors. That was the first time I've really heard of Freddy Krueger. I made the mistake a few weeks later to tell my brother that I'd had two dreams about Freddy Krueger. My brother decided to tell me that the third time you dream about him, it's true. So ever since then, Freddy Krueger's scared the crap outta me.
Ready for the best one? When I was younger (like 5), Jaws was on tv and my mom let me watch it. For the longest time I was afraid that Jaws was under my bed. I know it's kinda dumb, but the worst part is the fact that I live in North Dakota...nowhere NEAR the ocean.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Telly said:
When I was like 8 my older brother told me about how he had just seen Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors. That was the first time I've really heard of Freddy Krueger. I made the mistake a few weeks later to tell my brother that I'd had two dreams about Freddy Krueger. My brother decided to tell me that the third time you dream about him, it's true. So ever since then, Freddy Krueger's scared the crap outta me.
I love those movies. I fixed Krueger nightmares by inserting myself into his mind (watch the sixth one). Since he, as a typical movie monster, can't die, neither can I ... and I get his powers to boot. :scary:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I guess it wold be being in a room with in open door for me. And at night I especially get freaked out about opened doors or open spaces.
I'm the opposite. I need to have all my doors open. If my closet door is closed I need to open it before I go to sleep :smirk:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I have a fear of heights.

One odd fear is that I have a fear of drains in the bathtub. I don't even get near them when I'm taking a shower.

I also have a fear of taking a shower in someone else's bathtub other than my own.

I know it's weird.................

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a fear of showeer drains. I was kinda embarassed to mention it before. I think it is because of watching IT when I was younger :embarrassed: