Pet Peeves

Beebers

Reaction score
jediX said:
Byron, lol, this wasn't directed to you! lol! It's about the hijacking of my "win! nothing!" game. :smile:

We are laughing. That was all in good fun.

:cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
OMG AGAIN!! LOL! (Sarah, sorry to offend you with the "LOL!"s, but I do laugh, chuckle, or smirk when I use a variety of an "LOL", lol. lol! )

YES Erin, there is this girl at work that sits by me that ALL THE TIME is like (all sympathetically and patronizing), "What's wrong?" "What's wrong, Byron?" "Are you in a bad mood?" !!! Drives me CRAZY!! :grouchy:

NO!! I am just THINKIN' or BORED, exCUSE me!!!

*pant, pant, pant*

Okay, thanks---felt good to get that off muh chest!
LOL! Good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by that! :attitude: :smile: (Oh, and I thought of you when I saw Sarah's post about LOLs - I think you're the LOL king! :stick_out_tongue: )
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oo, oo! I thought of another one!

When people take a product to a store employee and ask, "How much is this?"---and the employee then SHOWS THEM THE OBVIOUS PRICE MARKED ON IT

I can't tell you how many times that happened to me at The Disney Store!!

Really!

I can't!

Yes, I know it can be easy to miss, and I've done it myself, but it happened a LOT---look, people, LOOK!

anathema

Reaction score
OMG, ME TOOOOOOO!!!!

HOW DO WE STOP THIS?!?!?!

:grouchy:
There's various things you need to kill off in Windows, notably Messenger. Installing a decent firewall (not the useless thing that comes with XP) would help, too.

anathema

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Another big peeve: People (usually guys who work at the mall) who come over to my kiosk when it's not busy and tell me I look bored or that I should smile. When there's nothing going on, I have a non-expression on my face. I'm usually thinking about things while there's nothing going on, so maybe a thoughtful expression. It's not like I'm sitting there glowering at the world! I'm not gonna stand there with a plastic smile on my face for four straight hours!! Grrrr...
Erin
If they trot out that dumb line about how it takes 20 muscles to frown and only 4 to smile, you could always try replying that it only takes two muscles to extend your fingers and tell them to, uh, "go away"... ;-)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score

When people take a product to a store employee and ask, "How much is this?"---and the employee then SHOWS THEM THE OBVIOUS PRICE MARKED ON IT

Really!

I can't!

Yes, I know it can be easy to miss, and I've done it myself, but it happened a LOT---look, people, LOOK!
yeah...but how fun is it to go into a store where everything costs a dollar, and ask the employees how much everything is or ask the person next to you?

wakko: how much is this
bored worker: $1
bored worker: *yells* EVERYTHING IS A DOLLAR!
wakko: ok

*gives the man a dollar, takes everything in the store, and leaves*

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score

Really!

I can't!

LOL!!! After 8 and a half hours of being asked that question at the calendar kiosk... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
yeah...but how fun is it to go into a store where everything costs a dollar, and ask the employees how much everything is or ask the person next to you?

bored worker: *yells* EVERYTHING IS A DOLLAR!
wakko: ok

*gives the man a dollar, takes everything in the store, and leaves*
LOL!!!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
I hate it when people email me asking for massive parts of my video collection: IE...

"Hi! I would like all of your Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, Muppet Show, and [insert specials names here]. I have nothing to trade but can compensate you for your work. Thanks!"

I just don't have time to copy 18 tapes of stuff, nor would I even consider a trade of that magnitude (I don't even like cash-for-tape trades to begin with...it's the cheater way of trading).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm tired of all the stories on the news and in the newspaper about how people in America are too fat. It seems like there's something about that every day, and they always make it sound like it's some big new thing. :grouchy:
Erin