Pet Peeves

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Further pet peeves:
Busywork. (No, I DON'T want to waste my time on pointless work! I can't think of anyone who DOES!)

When people act like they're so much better than you just b/c you like cartoons and Muppets & they don't.

When I like something BEFORE it becomes popular, and then it becomes popular, and the people who previously mocked my obsession now suddenly like it, too!
AMEN!

More:
  • gum chewers.
  • People who say The Muppet Show is stupid when they've never even SEEN it. Give Muppets a chance, people!
  • My grandmother when she goes into one of her speels that I never do anything right.
  • Threads like this with an un-happiness factor to them.
  • Toilet seats/urinals -- how hard is it to wipe one down after usage?
  • People who think puppetry is the easiest thing in the world...
  • People who think reading The Wisdom of Big Bird in two hours is un-impressive because they finished a Louis Lamour book in 8 (DUH, people!)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
People who ask me: So, when are you gonna' get your drivers license?
:grouchy:
People who say: Why aren't you working? Especially annoying since I've had various jobs continually since I was 13. (This was said a lot when I didn't have a job for only a couple of months.)
:grouchy:
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouchy:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
When people act like they're so much better than you just b/c you like cartoons and Muppets & they don't.
My brother Benjamin. :grouchy:

When I like something BEFORE it becomes popular, and then it becomes popular, and the people who previously mocked my obsession now suddenly like it, too!
Oh my gosh! That happens to me all the time!!!
Erin

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I didn't have time to read through all of this, so I dunno if this was already mentioned but...

Naggy Vegetarians who act "holier than thou" just because they don't eat meat. I'm sorry, but chickens and cows are stupid and therefore deserve to be consumed by me. Man's natural instict is to hunt, kill and eat. We've been doing it since the beginning of time, people! So go ahead and eat your flippin' salad. I'm going to enjoy my steak.

(If anyone on here is a vegetarian, I don't mean to offend you! I don't mean ALL vegetarians, just the one's who ask "You're gonna eat THAT?" whenever I go to a restaurant with them.)

^_^ Deb-mooooo!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I would like to be a vegetarian, animal lover that I am, but I don't have the will power. I like meat. I don't like vegetables. Doesn't work. :frown:

Another big peeve: People (usually guys who work at the mall) who come over to my kiosk when it's not busy and tell me I look bored or that I should smile. When there's nothing going on, I have a non-expression on my face. I'm usually thinking about things while there's nothing going on, so maybe a thoughtful expression. It's not like I'm sitting there glowering at the world! I'm not gonna stand there with a plastic smile on my face for four straight hours!! Grrrr...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
what kind of kiosk do you work at?
I sell calendars. It's just a seasonal place. We're about to get really busy - I work again on Black Friday!! :eek: It might be busiest after Christmas, though, because that's when everything goes on sale for half price! :wink:

Oh, another pet peeve (I've just been keeping an eye out for 'em since this thread started :stick_out_tongue: ): news shows that are always spouting "EXCLUSIVE". Like in Erie with this pizza bomber thing, we keep seeing all this stuff on our local ABC about it, like when it first came out "WJET was the first on the scene" and blah blah blah and all this exclusive footage and everything... I mean, this is a tragic event and they're just using it to pump themselves up! It seems pretty crass to me.
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Aw, that's so cute! I love Pippin!! :smile: My imaginary friend - from waaaayyy back in the day, like age 5 or so - was Lowly Worm, from Richard Scarry's Busytown. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
LOL!! How cute! :stick_out_tongue: