Pet Peeves

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel the need to add this as a disclaimer.

While I am indeed way out of the target demographic for this kind of product, I am an avid collector since everyone's got to collect something. These are also cheap and fun to collect depending on the license, and also can be put into large boxes or fall off of shelves without fear of delicate little pieces snapping off. While I shouldn't be that concerned otherwise, I reinstate these are something I'm prone to collect. That is all.

With that out of the way, here's my pet peeve.

I hate when they try to make fast food kid's meals healthier by putting in health based and or educational products instead of toys. I'm not talking about books, they've always had those. Even remember when they even gave out book and tape sets at one point. Anyway, I grabbed one of the new McD's Secret Life of Pet toys, and usually the bottom of the boxes have the next kid's meal promotion on them. There wasn't. So I just checked out the website and found out why they didn't stamp anything on the bottom this time. The next promotion is a freaking fitness watch. Oh sure, that's exactly what kids want to play with. Fitness freaking watches. That's some sort of freaking Subway bullcrap right there. Now, I get the point of kid's meal toy licenses is to get more kids in to buy more of these things so they can play with them on exactly the car ride home, and then leave them there or wind up throwing them out or something not a day later. But at least they had some exciting movie or TV show license on them. Some shows and movies only get a kid's meal license as their toyline. Heck, Catscratched and El Tigre had some (where the heck's my Sanjay and Craig?!)

Now, I remember back in the 90's they tried a Michael Jordan fitness kid's meal, but at least then it was freaking Michael Jordan (you know, the Space Jam guy who does Hanes ads?), and the toys were hilariously bad. A wind up toy stop watch. Really. That was a thing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I usually don't mind reading YouTube comments, since they can actually be pretty funny sometimes, but you ever notice on certain videos (particularly SST and Muppets), there's always certain YouTubers who have to just keep posting and posting and posting insignificant comments over and over and over again in single sittings (like one guy who often posts stuff like "Long Live Jim Henson!" "Long Live Frank Oz!" "Long Live Sesame Street!")? Gah, that annoys me.
I know exactly who you mean (he still sneaks on here once in a blue moon).
"HUZZAH!!!!"
It blows my mind he can find a new post and clog up the comments section with the same forty comments in the same exact order.
"HAPPY 45th ANNIVERSARY CTW!!!"
If this is the pinnacle of his social life, he got a raw deal.
"CASEY KASEM FTW!!!"
Phew!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, it's bad enough that TV networks shrunk their end titles to make room for even more commercials, but it seems entirely unnecessary that movie channels are starting to do the same.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
You know, it's bad enough that TV networks shrunk their end titles to make room for even more commercials, but it seems entirely unnecessary that movie channels are starting to do the same.
I know right.

Muppy

Reaction score
Why does that matter? Do you enjoy sitting watching credits for 5 minutes straight? To be honest I'd prefer commercials to movie/tv credits because there's at least something to watch ...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does that matter? Do you enjoy sitting watching credits for 5 minutes straight?
Yes, I do. It's how I familiarize myself with the people who worked on these things so that I can recognize their work elsewhere when I see it. Not to mention these people work very hard to help put these things together, and deserve to have some recognition for their contributions.

FOZZIE: Nobody reads those names anyway, do they?
KERMIT: Sure, they've all got families.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I am a fan of international animation, I have to say...

What the crap is up with all these pug fugly flash animated kid's shows from Europe? Ones you'd only tend to find on qubo. UGH! Ever see how Gofrett looks? It makes your eyes barf.