Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Convincing John

Reaction score
There's apparently something called "Peppermint Place" (adding to the confusion here) which, while not as horrifying as Peppermint Park, still manages to be wrong on so many levels...

Watch this VERY pathetic attempt to be Sam and Friends...

What in the world was that? Fizzgig's German cousin or something? Catching the measles from playing out in the mud? A train hitting a cow? What the...

Man, am I glad I grew up watching Muppets instead of that crap.

As for Peppermint Park, there is literally NO info on it on the internet at all.
Maybe we should be thankful for that. Reading any info about Peppermint Park might tell us that there are (shudder) more episodes out there with even creepier, crappier puppet acts...if that's even possible!:eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, according the descriptions of a lot of these PP videos posted on YouTube, it was a educational series that was produced especially for VHS, and seeing as how a lot of those direct-to-video series are "underground" and hard to come by, it's probably VERY obscure at best. Anyone remember from the late 90s, that VHS series you saw advertised on TV from time to time about fish puppets teaching kids about music?

TEACHER FISH: What is music made of?
FISH STUDENT 1: Sound!
FISH STUDENT 2: Pitch!
FISH STUDENT 3: Singing.
*Everyone stares at him*
FISH STUDENT 3: La-la-la and stuff like that.

Ironically, that other video presentation that actual admits to being "the next Barney", is kind of like the DVD release of Hey Vern, it's Ernest! actually says on the back that the show was supposed to be like Pee-wee's Playhouse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What in the world was that? Fizzgig's German cousin or something? Catching the measles from playing out in the mud? A train hitting a cow? What the...
Much like what Jim Henson did, taking old recordings and miming puppets to them, only here, they took stock puppets and produced filler.

Peppermint Place's puppets are goony looking, but not half as disgustingly off as Peppermint Park...

here's another Peppermint Place skit...

Dull if anything.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
gotta love the bear puppet in the peppermint place bit they detailed the head with the fur but then got bored and left the body and this is not bad but still creepy

all i can say is RUN KID RUN!!!!!!!!

mo

Reaction score
That 'M' song melted my mind and made me mad that my mother named me Matthew!

...DEAR GOD! :eek: THE M'S ARE EVERYWHERE! HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP! :scary:
my name is mikayla
my screen name is mo
I like marshmellows,muppets,mad magazine and modern family
my last begins with an m

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That "Blue Jet" skit has some potential. I can easily see it appearing on Sesame Street, except the writing and puppet/kid interactions would have been tighter. Sesame Street raised the bar so much that anything less is unexceptable (much like what they said about The Muppet Show on 60 Minutes).

Drtooth

Reaction score
That "Blue Jet" skit has some potential. I can easily see it appearing on Sesame Street, except the writing and puppet/kid interactions would have been tighter. Sesame Street raised the bar so much that anything less is unexceptable (much like what they said about The Muppet Show on 60 Minutes).
That's a local puppet show. Some of those are hit or miss anyway. It's alright, but not quite as interesting as what I've seen of The Letter People. Now, the puppets on that may be amateurish, but the humor (as far as the show went on) was pretty strong. I Especially liked Monty Swell's sarcastic barbs at his contestants.

I might as well go through cringevenom's catalog...

http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=ngvE_aZN1No&feature=plcp

Copy and paste that link and get rid of the space between youtube and the /. Unfortunately, there's a cuss word in the title that isn't reflective of the actual video.

That's an example of JUSt the opposite. I really do like that puppet, but all it does is announce book titles and summaries. That's the dullest thing I've seen in a while. And such a waste of a good monster puppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In reading some more about Peppermint STINKIN Park based on descriptions and such on the videos, apparently it WAS a direct-to-VHS series for little kids produced in the late 80s, there were like five or six volumes that were made, and apparently more were to be made, but sales were so terrible that they ceased production, and almost all copies ended up being sent to a chain of discount video stores.