Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'm on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=REGsa2S2pCk

Yeah...

There's so much wrong with that, I don't know where to start.

Oven Mitt hand puppets?

The fact the host of that show is strangely seductive when she talks... ("I wouldn't dream of starting the show without you... <3 <3" How am I supposed to read that otherwise?)

Or that crazy dancing record clacking two wooden spoons together? What's that supposed to be?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was contemplating that the other day for a lot longer than I should have. Don't you like... just pick up a bag of that crap next to the checkout register anyway? Really... Ordering M and M's? Like what... as a dessert topping at an ice cream bar or something?

But then again, it really doesn't matter. Seems whoever writes the music for this show just has no talent all around.

I've also contemplated the Blue song. None of that makes any sense, and lyrically it wants to copy "It's not Easy Being Green" at the end with the "cool as the ocean, cool as the breeze" bit. But everything else just seems like... I dunno how to describe it. "I used to be yellow," what the shell does that mean?! And when he was younger he was "spending [his] money." What?! So like you're older now and spend other people's money? Is he on social security?

It's best not to think about these things... you can't make sense out of nonsense because that's what nonsense means.

Princeton

Reaction score
Here's some interesting trivia: the host of Peppermint Park is the father of the lead singer of The Butthole Surfers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's apparently something called "Peppermint Place" (adding to the confusion here) which, while not as horrifying as Peppermint Park, still manages to be wrong on so many levels...

Watch this VERY pathetic attempt to be Sam and Friends...

rowlfy662

Reaction score
why do these programmes exist and this one is weird a fuzzy ball popping balloons that spell weasel i mean how in the world can you describe that

D'Snowth

Reaction score
why do these programmes
In some cases, they're locally-based programs, now I'm not sure if either of these series were PBS-made (I read somewhere that Peppermint Park was a direct-to-video series), but I know a number of PBS stations make their own programming, and some of them do low-quality kiddie shows... matter of fact, Letter People Land originated as a local program in St. Louis, but ended up becoming a national program.

Drtooth

Reaction score
why do these programmes exist and this one is weird a fuzzy ball popping balloons that spell weasel i mean how in the world can you describe that
That one, according to the person that posted it, was a local show in Dallas.

As for Peppermint Park, there is literally NO info on it on the internet at all. If you look it up on Wikipedia, all you get is a brief entry about an actual amusement park. I'm wondering if there's some sort of connection, ONLY due to the footage of an amusement park for the very much stolen from Sesame Street style opening.

I mean, if it isn't that same park, that would be stupid on so many more levels.