Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've know of its existence for years, but... let's just talk about how truly terrible this thing is.

This is the clip most of everyone has seen on Youtube...

Right off the bat, you know they're far from trying to be creative. They just completely stole the name Ernie right out from under Sesame Street. Granted... they don't own the copyright to the name, but to basically name a puppet after a famous children's character that's also one... that's gaul. Oh yeah... and ugly and awkward. That's a recurring theme.

sorry... gasping for air here... that's HILARIOUS! He's so blue that all he eats is (snicker)... BLUE CHEESE!!! HOLY COW! Isn't that the funniest bit of social satire you've EVER heard in your life? That someone in a depressed or "blue" mental state is so "blue" that he eats something with the word "blue" in it?!?! GAH! Who knew George Carlin and Lenny Bruce wrote for children's television... cuz that stuff is FUNNY!!!! WOOO!

Okay... I'm not even going to try to be sarcastic here. This is what happens when you steal a Prairie Dawn and Cookie Monster segment and totally lobotomize it so it's devoid of any basic semblance of life. Oh, and you gotta love that four is such a complex concept that everyone totally forgets the number every single time. One... two... three... baloney sandwich! No... I mean One... two... three... DUMP TRUCK! No... One... Two... Three... amphibious landing craft!

But really. It's a good thing that Pig came in and ate a small portion of the crackers, robbing her of the ability to teach six. If it's that difficult to teach 4, I'm sure we'd need an astrophysicist to explain the complexity of a number that's 2 more.

There's another I can't post since it has the F bomb in the title, but it has two dino-things trying to slow down a clock so there's more time for the show. I'm pretty sure more Peppermint Park is considered a human rights violation.

mo

Reaction score
wow...ok...well they certainly didn't think when writing lyrics for songs and that makes my good kid show list even shorter than it was before
-sesame street
-wow wow wubzy
-imagination movers
that's all I got this was just...creepy...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as anything puppetry-related is concerned, this may as well just be the creepiest thing I've seen since Wonderbang Island.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And honestly, I saw the "punchline" for that counting bit a whole Earth-cycle away.
Of course you did. Like I said, they stole their bit from Cookie and Prairie, only taking out everything that was essentially fun about it. What's really disturbing though is that between a little girl named "Little Bit" and a pig, the little girl has the broader, fatter shoulders.

Oh, and the Pig eats like ONE cracker, giving her more than enough to talk about 6. And I'm pretty sure kids that age KNOW what the heck a 4 is.

Seriously, I cannot stand these lame little cable access 1990's TLC puppet shows that think they can be Sesame Street.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
oh god...not this again...
Mommy no! Don't let the creepy puppets get me! Nooooo!

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Haha, I remember this show was brought up somewhere else in the forum. I'm cringing all over again! xD This is so terrible it's hilarious...if they wanted there own little Sesame Street, they should have been more creative rather than blatantly ripping-off elements from the show...and they should have considered getting (making?) puppets that wouldn't burn the eyes of children and adults alike...I mean, look at those little heads, broad shoulders, and off-colored gloves for hands! It's jarring!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... watch the thing about the crackers again. I just did...

When the girl puppet says "I want to make sure we all understand the number four"

she holds up FIVE fingers!

:scary: