People good with computers... Help!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to convert files to MP3? For some reason my sister sent me the songs from the London Cast Recording of Mary Poppins in MP4 or something and they won't play on my mp3 player... Help? Please?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Do the hokey-pokey! 'Cause that's what it's all about!

...But seriously, I have no idea how to help. Sorry Sarah! :frown:

sesameguy

Reaction score
I'm not an "expert", but I'll share what little I know. . .

It's likely you will need some kind of extra software to convert the files so that your Mp3 player will recognize them. Many sound editing programs offer the ability to switch .wav files and others into Mp3 files. Regardless, these software programs should list all the types of audio files that will work within their system. Hopefully you will be able to find one that can handle Mp4 or whatever kind of file you have.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Thanks sesameguy.

Are these software programs um available by free download? Or do I have to purchase them?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Thanks sesameguy.

Are these software programs um available by free download? Or do I have to purchase them?
I just did a quick Google search for the term: "mp4 conversion to mp3" and got a list of sites offering free software that will do the trick. Hopefully one of these programs will help you. Otherwise, you may have to buy one. It's possible that a program by Roxio or someone like that can help you out. Good luck!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mp4+conversion+to+mp3&btnG=Google+Search

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Thanks again!

I downloaded one, and I think it's working, but I won't know for sure until it's done...

Boy this is a lot to go through just so I can listen to Mary Poppins on my MP3 player! :big_grin:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
MP4 files are CP MP3's and can not be covnverted. The only way thse can be played if they cane from the sourse the person got them from like i tunes, or other sites that you pay for music to be downloaded on your computer only and not shared.
You can use Lime whire you can get stuff for free or if you want to pay 99c per dl on the other sites than that's also good infact that'sbest to advoide unwanted viruses. Sorry I couldn't help but I don't think ther's a way MP4 files can be converted.
The next best thing you could do but it would kill the sound quilty is to record the tracks on a MP3 recorder. That's what I do with alot of music I get from the TV and stuff.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that mp4's are the type of file that iTunes uses when you import songs (you can change it in your options but it's the default setting). If you download iTunes (which I recommend MUCH MORE than downloading a converter, they are complicated, only let you do it a few times for free and junk up your computer) you just put your songs into iTunes, then you can right click them and press "convert" and it should let you choose what you want to convert them to. :smile: I will check on how to do it on my own iTunes and get you more details soon.