Penguin Thread

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Many penguins ago, in the land of Delphi-MuppetCentral, there was a thread started by the King Penguin, Luke. It was about Gratuitous Penguins as used in the JHC productions. Whether singing, playing instruments, bouncing in the air, or exploding, Penguins were a large part of our Muppetdom.

Currently, each post in the thread about the new Muppets Puzzle has ended with " :zany: "

I'd like to continue that new consistency in this thread which will be dedicated to Muppet Pengins, and Penguins in general. Here, we can post links, stories, ideas, artwork, and more about our friends of nature, the Chilly Willie's of our hearts, Penguins.

Also, the final rule of this thread is that if you "muffin" this thread, it must be in regards to Penguins.

Penguinilly Yours,
FOZ :embarrassed:

Oh! I mean:

:zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Penguins are fun! :zany: All the ones that pop into my head are non-Muppety, but they're fun all the same. I love the scene in Mary Poppins where Bert tap-dances with the penguins in the Jolly Holiday segment. That always cracked me up!!

I also love the sinister penguin in The Wrong Trousers and the Veggie Tales parodies of that penguin in The Toy That Saved Christmas. Penguins on sleds - weeeeeee!!!
Erin :zany:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
im ashamed to ask, but can someone explain the muffin stuff to me...:embarrassed:

ooh, darn it....:zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
im ashamed to ask, but can someone explain the muffin stuff to me...:embarrassed:

ooh, darn it....:zany:
As I understand it, "muffin" is the term for taking a thread off-topic. I read once where exactly the term originated (with Jackie and Emmy, I believe, who haven't been around much lately), but I don't recall the exact significance of the muffin.
Erin

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
yep, we sure did.
please allow me to apologise profusely and slink away
unnoticed...
:embarrassed:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
yep, we sure did.
please allow me to apologise profusely and slink away
unnoticed...
:embarrassed:
Hehe. By the way, I like your font!
Erin

*scratches head trying to think of more movie penguins* :zany:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
and i like your ernie avatar!
....jeepers, must stop muffining...

hey, does anyone remember the looney tunes penguin with the huge eyes, when he cried, ice cubs fell to the ground..ee waz sooo coot...!!

:halo:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
and i like your ernie avatar!
....jeepers, must stop muffining...
Thanks! I loved this picture when I found it! Just what I was looking for...

hey, does anyone remember the looney tunes penguin with the huge eyes, when he cried, ice cubs fell to the ground..ee waz sooo coot...!!

:halo:
Awww, I remember him! He was adorable!!!!!
Erin :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Erin had the right infor about the "muffin." It had a different meaning in the beginning, but was soon used to deter a topic (by accident, of course).

This thread okays the use of 'muffining,' however it must include a penguin. :zany:

In that case, I wonder if anybody has a link to the little gif animation of the :zany: walking along the ice when another :zany: reaches up, smacks him in back of the head and knocks the first :zany: into the water.

That's really funn-ee! HAAA!