"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems they've managed to take in the more iconic imagery for this film. Flying Ace Snoopy, Christmastime, even mentions of the Little Red Headed Girl in the small amount of the film's plot revealed.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The animation looks great, hopefully Blue Sky Studios will have a good story to back it up, I am not saying they are not capable of that, but some of their stuff is not the best, though I am a fan of the first three ice age movies, robots, horton hears a who, and I kind of like the first rio, I hope it does not turn out like that terrible FOX thing, Happiness is a Warm Blanket or whatever where the voice acting was bad, and the story was terrible, I am pretty sure this movie will be better.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Ladies and gentleman, the first trailer...

I am speechless; being such a big fan of Peanuts, I feel the need to see this. I think it's looking amazing so far; yes, there's a pop song, but you know? It's not a bad one. I'm perfectly ok with it, and I'm super excited to see this and Sponge Out Of Water next year. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The trailer really tells us nothing about the movie, I really want to know what this is about, but the movie still looks great.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what a teaser is. Ususally a short to sell the film while it's still in production with the bonus of not shoving out the spoilers until the trailers proper get made.

I'm loving the CGI on this one. It manages to have a nice...welll... this is a Muppet board, and I'm sure that we've seen the pre-Hey Arnold Arnold shorts on Sesame Street or some of us might remember Penny from Pee Wee's playhouse. It has a nice flat, layered 2.5 D look to it that works perfectly with the old style of the Peanuts and their animated counterparts.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Another new trailer.

Still scant details on the plot, though it appears Snoopy and the Red Baron will feature prominently. The video summary says Charlie Brown "begins his own epic quest", which could mean about anything. I'm eager to see more footage of him and the rest of the gang, perhaps that will come in another trailer in a couple months.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I am beginning to become skeptical that the movie has much of a plot, whatever it is it will probably be really thin, but that is not a bad thing, I still want to see the movie in a theater.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I am beginning to become skeptical that the movie has much of a plot, whatever it is it will probably be really thin, but that is not a bad thing, I still want to see the movie in a theater.
Well even Snoopy Come Home had lots of filler with the carnival and the song that animal abusing little girl Fundamental Friend Dependability

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me they're just doing teasers or something. While there is a chance the dog fight is in the film, undoubtedly, it's the only thing that would be in the film.

As long as it's not just a loose connection of a bunch of old comic strips. That's why the last few TV specials were so dull. Especially the hour long thing about Rerun and Spike.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Something tells me they're just doing teasers or something. While there is a chance the dog fight is in the film, undoubtedly, it's the only thing that would be in the film.

As long as it's not just a loose connection of a bunch of old comic strips. That's why the last few TV specials were so dull. Especially the hour long thing about Rerun and Spike.
I thought that one was good, it was the blanket one that made me change the channel.