Paul Williams To Write Songs for 'Pan's Labyrinth' Musical

charlietheowl

Reaction score
http://io9.com/5966524/pans-labyrinth-is-gonna-be-a-musical

How awesome is this? I think it's cool that Paul Williams is getting the chance to work with as talented a director as Guillermo Del Toro, and it seems like Del Toro, despite working on several different things at once, is really interested in getting this project moved forward.

What do you guys think?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I love Paul Williams, no doubt, but.....Pan's Labyrinth: The Musical? Me and my friends watched that movie in Spanish class in the 8th grade and we just laughed at it. I'm really really sorry but....I just don't see how Pan's Labyrinth could turn into a musical.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It does seem unlikely, but I think that Del Toro is certainly hiring the right people to work with in order to pull it off. I don't know how well the subject matter can translate to the stage, since it's a dark movie with a lot of historical subtext, but I suppose weirder stuff has hit the stage before.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
It does seem unlikely, but I think that Del Toro is certainly hiring the right people to work with in order to pull it off. I don't know how well the subject matter can translate to the stage, since it's a dark movie with a lot of historical subtext, but I suppose weirder stuff has hit the stage before.
If they can make Steven King's "Carrie" into a musical (which actually was the biggest flop musical in Broadway history (to my knowledge)), they can pretty much turn anything into a musical.