Patterns to Canada

Kumkani

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so forgive me if this has been posted before. Are there any good pattern suppliers that offer downloadable patterns, I was attempting to buy the rotondo pattern from project puppet, but they charge nearly $40 for shipping a CD to Canada. they explained why in an email but I still feel it's a RIDICULOUS amount to pay for a CD that weighs only a few ounces. So i am looking for other resources. I do not want their simple series which is downloadable, so Project Puppet is out of the question. If info has been posted elsewhere please PM me the links and accept my apologies. Thank you.

I am looking at the moment for a good round headed pattern and a pattern for a cartoonish dog. thanks!! :smile:

amyleew1

Reaction score
I want the Mostro pattern but I am in Australia. Why does it cost so much for them to post it?

I would like some links to patterns too if it is going to cost the same amount for postage as it does to buy the pattern.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Wow, are you sure that's correct? I cannot fathom why it would cost that much unless it was going via overnight courier.

FYI, it is not just a CD that you receive. When you buy any of the larger patterns you get a package that also includes instructions and a print out of them. Even so, I can't imagine a scenario where it would cost $40 to mail that. I would have to double check my receipts, but I have ordered from Project Puppet several times (and know other Canadians who have too) and I have never heard of that.

As for alternatives, this pattern is available and free:

It is similar to (but not the same) as the Project Puppet head patterns. If you email me privately at puppetvision (at) gmail dot com I can send you a proper PDF of it.

There used to be a couple of patterns for nice looking dog puppets available. Playsoup sold one for the dog seen above, but it doesn't appear on their web site any more. Puppetsmith also offered one by Terry Angus, but I think Puppetsmith is either defunct or on hiatus right now. You could try contacting them directly to see if the patterns are still available. You might also want to try the Puppeteers of America online store, which sells some puppet patterns.

amyleew1

Reaction score
Shipping is correct according to Project Puppet. A $50 pattern costs around $40 to post to Australia. Sadly that is not going to happen. I have been desperately trying to come up with $50 so I'm certainly not going to be able to come up with another $40 on that just for shipping.

pileobunnies

Reaction score
I've got two in the works based on that round-headed puppet pattern from your website, but I found a slight variation that showed the mouthplate, which helped. I've only been doing this two months, so I like having things spelled out for me. :smile: