Parents watching Sesame thread

doctort13

Reaction score
I take care of my daughter on Mondays and Fridays, when my wife is at work. My daughter and I try to watch Sesame Street together on those mornings. Well, since she is almost 1, she watches about 30 minutes and usually falls asleep by "Elmo's World".

Do any other "Sesame Parents" watch with their children?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i watch it but don't have kids it's on in the backround at my store

But i definitly will i watched it with my younger coison in the early 90's

BEAR

Reaction score
I don't have kids. Heck, I'm not even married yet. I'm only 23. However, I will definitely watch with my kids someday. I'll probably watch it more than they do. They'll have to pry me away from the tv. Its neat to know that parents watch it with their kids. When I was younger and would see my grandma that day, she would say that she watched Sesame Street that morning. I was surprised. Why is it that grandmas can get away with watching an episode of Sesame Street on their own but any other adult gets chastized for doing so without kids? Weird.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I don't have any kids, and probably won't for a while. But that doesn't stop me from tuning into the show every now and then to see what's up. Some people have said that it's okay to watch Sesame Street if you have kids or younger siblings, but watching it on your own is a big NO-NO. Well I guess I always have been one to rebel, so there you have it.

doctort13

Reaction score
It's great that you folks are still watching Sesame Street.

Am I the only parent on this board? I find that a little hard to believe.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
There are other parents on this board. I know Rosewood is the parent of a child who currently watches Sesame Street.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm not a parent (or even married!) but I certainly watch Sesame Street whenever I can!:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :smile:

One thing I should also point out, regarding senior citizens watching Sesame Street on their own and that being cool and all- some time ago in the '70s and '80s, I've heard that it was actually a cool trend for college students to watch Sesame Street and I guess older adults in general. I'm an adult and I still love Sesame Street! It's still better than most anything else on TV today.

F

furryredmonster

My mom is growing into Sesame Street. She watches it every morning we me and my baby sister.

BEAR

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
I'm not a parent (or even married!) but I certainly watch Sesame Street whenever I can!:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :smile:

One thing I should also point out, regarding senior citizens watching Sesame Street on their own and that being cool and all- some time ago in the '70s and '80s, I've heard that it was actually a cool trend for college students to watch Sesame Street and I guess older adults in general. I'm an adult and I still love Sesame Street! It's still better than most anything else on TV today.
I think when I was younger my grandma would watch Sesame Street sometimes. She probably found it to be fun and better than most of the daytime tv that was on at the time. Also she could understand what i was always talking about. lol I have an exceptionally cool grandma though.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Sesame Street Sesame Street Sesame Street

My daughter and I watch it almost every morning while she is getting ready for preschool. Unfortunately she's had to miss Elmo's World a lot lately as the bus has been arriving just as it comes on.