Papa Roy Update...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

Many folks here know a lot about me, from my cartoon/puppet character Muley the Mule and most importantly my grandfather, Papa Roy.

Well, he's like something around 95 years old now. Lives alone, takes care of himself (cooks, cleans, lawn work, drives) and is really an amazing dude. He's also known about me visiting the forums for these some odd numbers of years and has on occasion told me to say HI to my friends here at the forum.

Guess what? All these years and just this month the poor fella had a KIDNEY STONE!! I've had 2, got one in me now, and I know they hurt like heck. My cousin said she's had a child and a kidney stone and didn't know which hurt worse.

Know what Papa Roy did during all the pain and everything? Joked. He joked and laughed about it. I figured he was out of his mind or something, but he taught me something: Smiling and laughing and hearing and seeing the smiles and laughs of others sure does make you feel better...even if you have a kidney stone.

Anyhow, I am supposed to say Hi for him again, and let everyone know he's had a kidney stone because he doesn't have any contact with the whole world like I do thru the Central.

That's it. No point to be made. Just a little story 'bout my Papa Roy.

FOZ

Joggy

Reaction score
Papa Roy sounds like such a wonderful man...! I wish him all the luck in the world for getting rid of that kidney stone! (and from all the way over the ocean, too!)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Joggy!! He recognizes several of the MC names, those who I CONSTANTLY yak it up with, and you're one! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Kev,

Please send my best wishes to Papa Roy - he is a dude of heavily esteemed proportions.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Luke. I usually print off the pages about him and take them to him. Makes him feel like he's making headlines! :smile:

Well, he's done it before, but moonshine stills and chicken rustling doesn't count (just kiddin')!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Glad to hear your Papa is such a great guy. Tell him I said Hello and that I will send my thoughts to banish his kidney stones.

Chelle