Panwapa

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop has launched a world-wide video initiative entitled Panwapa. The new video program aims to celebrate cultural diversity and build global understanding. The new series features an original group of Muppet characters and is available (for free) via iTunes and will be available (also for free) on PBS Kids Sprout's On Demand service in January 2008. (click here for more information)

Official Site: Panwapa.com
Press Release: click here
Caregiver info page: click here
Muppet Newsflash: click here

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, sounds interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is there a performer/cast listing for this anywhere? Interesting stuff. After Animal Jam and other misfires, this proves to be a good mix with distinct goals! :smile:

I could tell Kevin Clash was the lead. Curious to the penguin and the bug. :zany:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
the bug sounds like most of his other characters.
I'm not sure what to think of this show yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Bug is from Elmo in grouchland, right? What was that character's name in the movie?

the bug sounds like most of his other characters.
I'm not sure what to think of this show yet.
Haven't seen it yet, but it would have been cool to get some unfamiliar Muppeteers (at least to SS) to do the puppetry and voice work. I almost bought a SS Beginnings DVD to see Bill Baretta do a SS Character.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... The bug character from Elmo in Grouchland was known simply as just that, as "Bug".
Hope this helps.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kevin Clash is Azibo (the monster). Leslie Carrara is Koko (the penguin). And Joey Mazzarino is Bill the Bug.
Thanks! You are, as always, a wealth of good information. I'll always be an MCer, but I check out Muppet News Flash daily. Absolutely vital resource for the Muppet fantatic!

About Panwapa, the only thing I'm not keen about is the integration of animated versions of the characters especially in the title sequence. The drawings (unlike the Flash site) don't do the puppet characters justice. The rest, I feel, touches on the same Sesame, Muppety, Fraggley theme of connectedness and understanding differences - and it's done in a thoughtful, sometimes silly, way. :zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is very interesting...I must go and take a peak later. Thanks for shareing.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I saw Elmo talking about this on the View! I think it was on Friday. He was really cute. I had a hard time following the idea. They had these universal identity cards with pictures of things you like, so people know who you are by looking at the card, it seemed really cool.