Palisades Sesame Street Protos

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Hello all! I know I posted here a while ago but I can't find the original post. I just wanted to remind everyone that I am VERY interested in buying Sesame Street prototypes from the now defunct Palisades. I've got a couple and I see some pop up on e-Bay now and then. If anyone would want to sell, or possibly trade, I would be open to it.
Also, does anyone here know who might have any of the proposed series 2 protos (Cookie Monster, The Count, Bert, Elmo) or the Big Bird or Little Bird proto?
Just let me know. Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think even Ken has either the :insatiable: nor :batty: sculpts, and that's all they were, prelim sculpts. I do believe he at least has photos and I plan on asking those from him at some point. But I'd also be interested in tracking down the sculpt of my namesake.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think even Ken has either the :insatiable: nor :batty: sculpts, and that's all they were, prelim sculpts. I do believe he at least has photos and I plan on asking those from him at some point. But I'd also be interested in tracking down the sculpt of my namesake.
Hey Count!
He does have the pictures. I asked him for them a while ago but he had them on his old computer and hadn't gotten them off of it (or something along those lines). I'm keeping a log of what has been on e-Bay since I got the 2HM. I also tracked down most all the pictures that are/have been online. Unfortunately, I didn't get the ones that were on the old Palisades forum. I remember there was a Bert and Elmo sculpt. I found this pic online. Someone photoshopped in all of the figures into one pic...
"http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/tganskejr/Series12.jpg"

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Man, these would have done so darn well! If Palisades had another year in business this would have pulled it back up. I can only imagine what a Snuffelupagus would look like. That thing would have been friggin huge! I still objected to separating Ernie and Bert by waves. This had so much potential. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And 2, 2 proposed Count sculpts/figures. One with sculpted cape, another with cloth cape. That pretty much almost killed me. Truly thankful to have the S1 guys here with me, but what coulda been...

Is there any way to isolate the pic of the Count sculpt, if it's there, and put it next to others? Reason is to get the image of the sculpt of course. But also to get a guesstimate of comparative height to other figures, like say Kermit or Uncle Deadly, crucial for my pet projects' thrival.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Sorry, Count. That's the only pic I have of him. Maybe if you bug Ken about those pics, too, he'll be more inclined to get him off his old hard drive? I remember those pics on the old forum. I about pooped my pants when he showed Cookie Monster in his daily bit, or whatever it was called.

Yeah, Frogboy4, I really would have liked to see both Ernie and Bert in the same wave. But I see why they did it. It would have given wave 2 a definite selling if it were to get that far.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*sigh* That picture makes me so incredibly sad... I love my Super Grover figure, but... to own an Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Telly, Prairie Dawn, Count... Ugh. I would've been in heaven. Those sculpts are gorgeous. It's such a shame. Such a crying shame.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've got just about every Palisades Muppet-related proto pic saved, here are some of the best of the SS gang, including a size comp I did myself & originally posted on the old Pal board ages ago.

Sesame Protos on Flickr

EDIT: I've got more pics, but sadly, no protos (though they wouldn't be for sale if I did! Sorry Drummer. :smile: )

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Hexcellent. Shoot me a PM or email or post here for when you have a moment to talk about these KermieBaby. Appreciate the help. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Was Little Bird really to be that big in the final piece? :wisdom: