Palisades Series 3 pics are on-line!

Foreignman

Reaction score
Anyone who saw the latest Austin Powers movie (or the comercials for that matter) will undrestand what I mean when I say "Ubaaaa!!" (said by Dr. Evil in response to the mole). I'm amazed, I'm speachless, I'm blown away, and more by these pictures. Like most, I'm most impressed and in awe of Swedish Chef and Playset, I mean... words can't describe this thing of beauty... Here's my two sense on everything:

Rowlf- Beautiful Head, Beautiful Pants, but I just feel like the white bowtie looks cheap, I felt the same way for Kermit, it's grown on me with him, maybe it'll grow on me with Rowlf.

Scooter- Perfection, to me, except the glasses of course, but those are being taken care of, otherwise, perfection.

Lew Zeland- In the words of my mother "who's that", this is how I think the public will respond to Lew, Crazy Harry too. I on the otherhand love him... I think he's fine the way he is, agree with some of the coloring suggestions, but all in all am happy with the current version.

Zoot- Love the sax, think the music stand without music idea is really funny, don't mind at all... Do think he's a little too thin, but I don't really care, happy either way, and if this increases playability then I'm all for it.

Chef and playset- You know my feelings on this, like most, I think this belongs in the Met, rather than my house... It's a work of art, and I love the folks at Palisades for making it what it is. Can't wait to see Lobster Bandito's. But once again, props to all at Palisades for this one, best material thing ever! *standing ovation*

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Foreignman

My Mom said the exact same thing about Lew ("who?") too. :wink:

I also agree with you about how funny Zoot having a music stand without music is!

I'm still wow-ing.

And these are just the pictures!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
What is a music stand anyway?

What? WHAT? What'd I say?

DigitalBohemian

Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't say I'm all that impressed. The figures just look odd to me compared to Series 1 & 2. They just don't look as good, like something is wrong. Especially Rowlf. I sure hope the final version is better, and whether this is perverted or not, I am majorly disappointed that he's not nekkid.

So I give this Series a 7. Seems average at the moment, but I bet it will be at least somewhat approved upon.

The only one I can't complain about is Zoot. I know a lot of u aren't crazy about him, but I can't find too much wrong with him. And I just love the shirt and bellbottoms and sandals and shades. He looks like such a hippie/stoner. It's not exactly how I picture Zoot, but it's kool none the less.

And I have to admit, the Kitchen playset, SUPER CRES AT BEST! The kitchen to me seems like a universal playset that you could play with ANY figure in and it wouldn't seem strange. Absolutely love it.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I was late for work today because I wanted so badly to take the time to see these pics. After seeing the first couple of kitchen pics, I didn't care that I was late for work.

Not only that, but I had a particularly bad heartbreak episode a few days ago- I had no appetite, I seemed to walk around in a state of shock, and I had no desires, no enthusiasm for anything. You made me register mucho enthusiasm Ken. A thousand times thank you.

Some quibbles:

Rowlf: his face looks too light

Scooter: something about the head; maybe it's the angle, but the head looks too big for the body and the glasses/eyes look too big for the head

Lew Zealand: perhpas my favorite figure of the bunch, though he looks quite pale. I'm glad the sculpt looked better than the old packaging picture

Zoot: he looks really 'droopy'. It could be the glasses, the white ones anyway. They seem to slant downward. The black ones look better, maybe they should be switched.

Swedish Chef: looks great, skin tone is perfect but hair and nose seem a little dark (could just be the photo)

Kitchen: I couldn't shut up to my co-worker Rob about how awesome it was. And the extras you added in that were never even in the show- wrench, fire extinguisher, jumper cables (Rob and I both got a laugh out of that) were just so right. It looks too good to be true, don't change a thing. Not a thing. Any chance of seeing a repaint with his semi-trademark blunderbuss?

And that's all I have to say about that for the moment.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Stulz

Reaction score
Series 3

OK here it is... RIGHT ON!!

other then Scooter's hair being a bit off...
and I prefer Zoot's black framed sunglasses to the white frames.. The repaint should have the white... Zoot always had dark glasses...

other than that .........Fantastic!!!

and O..... MY...... GOD!.... That Kitchen ROCKS The House!!

tomahawk

Reaction score
thank you again

they all look just wonderful.ummmmm thats it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Series 3 Pictures

I went over to the site to see the pictures with someone helping describe them to me. I still haven't seen the Kitchen playset, because it's so cumbersome, but I agree with the general feelings from everyone else. Since everybody else has already commented on the small problems from this series, I won't throw my two cents in. Besides, the guys over at Palisades said they were already working on Scooter's glasses and Lew's skin tone. Hey, Ken, I do have a question or two though:
1 When I saw the pictures, they only went down to the ankles and didn't include the feet. I know you're not mutilating these figures, cause I have three from Series 1. Is there a problem with the pictures themselves?
2 The only accessory I saw in the pics was Zoot's saxophone. Are the other figures accessories ready or not? Shouldn't they be included in the pictures as well?
If there's any way we can get in touch with each other so that I can get full pictures of all the figures, that would be great.

Have a great summer, The Count.

grail

Reaction score
i don't know what pictures you've been looking at, but ALL of the pictures on Palisades site have feet. try loading them again.

as for the accessories, Ken said the sax was just a mock-up, and not the accessory they're actually going to use. they wanted to wait on showing us all the accessories, though...gotta save a couple of things for later, you know?

matleo

Reaction score
Lew 's colors.

you know what. Henons must be smoking something causeit occured to me this morning, Lew is one of the few Mupets I've seen up close and he was a little pale but not yellow: it was a slightly pale orange. Amost mpore of a dark gold I mean not as rich as Socoter (another one of the few I've seen up close) but not as pale as he is and I was uner pretty bad lighting when I saw it. I can unsertsnd the whole thing with Bunsen and lighting and whatnt and yeah this is true with Lew too, but definitly NOT to that extent. I hope ken can convince them to do a more orangey figure. I mean one thing Henson has to rememebr is that while the Muppets may change colors in certai lights, we don't all have giant spotlights in our house. So what we see on the screen is how we best know them. That's what you have to match.

--Matt