Palisades Series 3 pics are on-line!

uncleduke

Reaction score
And they are beeeeoooooooooootiful
Kudos to Ken, Mike, and all involved

GWGumby

Reaction score
I'm gonna short out my keyboard with all the drool. I don't understand how these toys can get talked up so much, and then still exceed expectations. Simply beautiful and amazing. That kitchen is pure art.

GonzoFan

Reaction score
The pics of series 3 are simply amazing! The Kitchen set is so cool as well as the rest of the figures!!!!!

Quick question: Will there be any more muppets released in Tuxedos? I was wondering cause if that is the case I will have to start collecting them now that Tuxedo Rowlf is in the regular assorment. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Ken, I'm stunned. I can't believe I'll have to wait until 2003 for these. Beautiful Baby, just Beautiful.

Luke

Reaction score
OK well here's what i think of em. It's the truth how i see it from my own personal fanboy point of view, i have no need to talk up Palisades - i want to give props where they are truly deserved :-

Scooter :- WOW - Absolutely gorgeous. You can actually see the texture on his face that looks like puppet fur. One quibble, theres's something about the little patch of hair that doesn't look exactly right - a little too rough perhaps but it's alomost there. Overall the likeness is superb. The jacket deserves a special mention just as the face did - it is top notch. Perfect job.

Zoot :- The sax is wonderful. I have mixed feelings about the scuplt. I think his facial features are good, they do look very 'muppety' lifelike, but his trousers clash with his skin color and the top isn't that great too. Very dingy looking, though to an extent thats how he's meant to be - very dark, moody and hippy - but he needs to be brought out more as a character that people would be drawn too seeing the figure in a package.

Swedish Chef :- Beyond perfection. All the detail is there, the scuplts great, the clothes are superb, the facial features are 120% correct - he actually looks like a Muppet which is excellent. The flesh tone is totally correct - i don't think a better job could have been done on this figure. The moustache and apron detail is wicked, the shirt design is above excellent - one little thing, maybe he has just a tiny weeny bit too much of a paunch, i was expecting something similar, but he looks pregnant. Anyway bang up Job Ken and all those involved - home run all the way !

Rowlf :- Not majorly impressed. The head is perfect, but the rest is average. There should be more detail on the tux, specifically the shirt (maybe a black bow-tie ?). I think all the black and lack of detail make his slouch look about ten times worse (although the positioning in the photo isn't flattering) and the jacket looks too shiny compared to the trousers.

Lew Zealand :- OK, people are really going to hate me for this and probably disagree with me. I think this is the worst Muppet action figure to be released yet on a parallel with Regular Piggy. The detail on the face is awful - it looks like someones made him out of sculpey and put him in the oven. The detail on the hair is very rough, and the mouth is very rough looking also, but maybe the prototype just got a bad paint job. The frilly collar is great, and the colors on the body and clothing look right, but overall the figure is very bland compared to the others. It could be because the photo has been blown up to a large size, but to me, that isn't Lew Zealand.

Chef's Kitchen :- Theres nothing you can say about this Kitchen other than it being ultimate perfection. All the detail is there, and theres so much of it. Just looking at the phone, clear cabinets, stove, clock/radio thing - all makes you drool. The color is perfect and very vibrant. There's nothing more you could want because it's all there ! *Applause*

I'm not particularly impressed that the bases are being done away with. I can understand the reasoning but i hope they will be available to buy as optional extras. The bases kinda made the figures something special - display pieces, wheras without them it's like having a Simpsons figure just plonked on your desk in some pose.

Anyway thats how i see it - the majority i was overwhelmingly impressed by. Seeing as they are prototypes i hope this is seen as constructive. The one's i will buy will be the Chef Playset and Scooter.

Blake Wright

Reaction score
Whoa...

Great job, guys! That Kitchen set ROCKS! ...and the figures look excellent. Can't wait to see them in person at SDCC!

Blake

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
I just finished looking through all of these, and they are freakin' awesome!!

Tux Rowlf: Love the tux. I hope we get more "formal" figures. It would make a nice subset. The Beethoven bust is a nice touch. Can't wait to find out what you have planned for the regular figure.

Scooter: Great job on the satin jacket. I like the line up of accessories as well. A swivel handle on the take out box. There's some detail!

Lew Zealand: A minnow bucket! Perfect!

Zoot: Both look great! Was the yellow version the one seen originally? I prefer the white glasses to the black ones. Better definition.

Swedish Chef: It is exactly the way I imagined. The hands look humany enough. Love the plaid pants. (How about a variant with flour hand prints? :wink: )

Swedish Kitchen: :eek: This is the most incredibly detailed playset I think I've ever seen! (That includes the Mezco Control Cabin Nemo) All the accessories are great! Lots of play options. I can see why this needed a higher price point.

This is my favorite wave so far. Every figure is a winner. Must... have...

Gonzo

Reaction score
"It's all about the details, baby!"

These are amazing...MAN my boy better not be in a hurry to get to college...of course, he's only three months old, but still.

What I love about these are the details:

Rowlf: the texturing variations and positions of his hands--his hands aren't QUITE textured the same way as his arms and ears, and they reflected that in the figure. I'm still going to prefer the regular Rowlf to this one, but I'll buy at LEAST one of these puppies!

Scooter: his jacket--they've captured the look of his "satiny" jacket perfectly with that paint app, and that alone puts him above and beyond any of the other Scooters in my collection. Never my favorite character, but this is a sweet rendition of him.

Lew Zealand: this MAY be my favorite of the group, just because who thought they would EVER see a Lew Zealand toy of ANY kind??? I'm so glad Palisades is incorporating fan faves like this into each wave--even if I had heard about a line-up of 20 Muppet Show figures, I never would have guessed that Lew would be in it...until Palisades came along. The fish assortment sounds great, and I completely forgot what the bottom half of him looked like!

Zoot: the sax looks sweet, and I LOVE the Sandals/Pants combo he's got going there. Just as a member of Electric Mayhem, this is a beautiful work of art--as a toy, he looks very Playable.

Chef & Kitchen: I had almost talked myself out of this one due to the higher price point--who did I think I was kidding? All of Ken's details push this way over the top--all of the separate little pieces? Are you @#!$#$ing kidding me? I had heard about it from Ken's messages, but seeing it in person--this is a kitchen that 1) is much nicer than my kitchen, and 2) is just WAITING for the chaos that a certain Scandinavian can bring into it.

The short version of this post: AMAZING.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

supertulip

Reaction score
Oh my!

They all look so unbelievably cool! That playset looks incredible!

Can't wait! Can't wait!