Palisades on the Today Show!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got the official release. Congratulations Palisades!

PROUD PARTICIPANT IN THE 2002 TODAY SHOW TOY DRIVE

Set your alarm clocks! One week from now, Palisades' President & CEO Michael Horn is appearing on NBC’s Today Show. Palisades donated to the Today Show Toy Drive and have been invited to New York for the show.

The scheduled time slot is 8:30 am on Monday, December 9, 2002. Check your local listings for the NBC channel in your area.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'll watch if Mike wants to premiere some new Muppet toys :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Holy moly the news just keeps getting bigger. If you would have told me a week ago Kermit would reference Muppet fan sites, and Palisades would represent on The Today Show on NBC I wouldnt have believed it. We are definately entering into a new age...congrats Palisades!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Congrats Palisades but what are Palisades going to be doing on it though ? Just an interview or showing toys ? It doesn't particularly say this is gonna be one long advert for the Muppet stuff or that they'll even get more than a mention but i hope they do.

Glad it's happening though - plenty of TV promotion is definitely very welcome. Maybe Mike should wear a Muppet shirt or tie, that should get some attention ...... or maybe Ken should run naked past the window, that should get even more attention ! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll show the toys. That's what they always do in spots like that. I wonder if they'll show any new stuff? Congradulations Palisades!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Considering the Muppets are Palisades flagship title, and NBC's The Today Show has a lonnnng history with the Muppets...I think we'll see the figures!

And note to Mike: wear something Muppet related!(kermit shirt, tie, or something) Represent yo! ^_^

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I suspect Mike will wear either a suit or a Palisades t-shirt. After all, Palisades does more than just Muppets. I wouldn't expect any new stuff. This is about donating toys for a holiday toy drive-- they are far more likely to donate Kermit and Piggys (known, recognizable characters kids will enjoy) than brand new, not yet released toys.

I hope Palisades gets some good publicity out of this and it boosts sales for the Muppet line. Clearly, that is part of the reason companies participate in these sorts of things. But it would be awfully self-serving and, well, tacky to use this as an opportunity for shameless self-promotion. This really ought to be about toys for kids who might not otherwise get any presents on Christmas.

Okay, climbing off my soap box now.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Muppetquilter I have to say I agree with 100% I dont think the muppets are their "flagship" toyline especially only now having series two released and it should be about the kids

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, Palisades' President & CEO Michael Horn will be on NBC's Today Show in the next hour!

Let us know what you think about the appearance.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw Mike Horn's appearance. He did a good job. Mike was humble and yet very proud of the product. He was on for about 60 seconds and was holding the series 1 figures: hair-up Piggy, Bunsen, Kermit, and Dr. Teeth.

I was very impressed that Palisades donated 20,000 series one figures. Wow! Just thinking about all the children (likely on the East Coast) who will be receiving Muppets for Christmas is fantastic.

Katie Couric noticed Piggy's thin waistline. Mike mentioned to her that it was done to keep up with the times... "It's got to look good for a new era". I wonder if Mike knew in advance that Katie was going to comment on Piggy's waist? He also casually mentioned that series 2 is now available in stores.

Congratulations Palisades! There's no telling who was watching that might benefit the line down the road.