Palisades Muppets vs Dinosaurs

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to ask out of curiosity... What's the difference in height scale between the Palisades Muppets figures and the Dinosaurs action figures? How taller are the dinos compared to the Muppets?
Thanks. :batty:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I dunno. I had the Dinosaurs ones (naturally), but not the Muppets ones. I think Spike and BP were about slightly higher than your hand if you held it upright with your fingertips touching the table. I wish I still had them.... *sigh*

Hubert

Reaction score
Wait...there are Dinosaurs action figures? :confused:

Dearth

Reaction score
They made a Spike?

I thought they only made these six: Baby, Earl, Fran, Robbie, Charlene, and B.P. Richfield.

As for scale, they fudged the scale of the Dinosaurs figures. Baby was almost as large as Earl, and Richfield was shorter than Charlene.

So it's really hard to say which figures would be the correct scale with the Palisades toys.

When I bought my Dinosaurs figures a couple of years ago, I also got some of the smaller restaurant premium 'dino-motion' toys. The tiny Baby is a good scale with the action figures of the rest of the Sinclair family-- and has a frying pan in his hand!

While the tiny versions of Earl, Fran, Robbie, Charlene, and Ethyl are a good size with the action figure of Richfield.

Alex

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Alex, that's the info I've read as well in the article for the figures at Muppet Wiki.

So since there are two scales: (1) Action figures of Earl, Fran, Robbie, Charlene + Dino-Motion Happy Meal Baby; and (2) Dino-Motion Happy Meal Earl, Fran, Robbie, Charlene, Ethel + Action Figure Baby and B.P. Richfield;I guess I'd ask for a comparison of both versus the Palisades Muppets figures.

I know this'd end up with two different scales, and I know the best thing would be for me to just buy the Charlene figure, but if anyone could help before that that'd be great too.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I remember those Dinosaur action figures back in the day and was going to get them until I saw that they weren't articulated as normal figures are. Poor Robbie has his hands stuck in his pockets and every one else looks like they are in some Broadway show with their "jazz hands". LOL Maybe one day these classic characters will get a proper action figure! :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Those were some pretty good sculpts for the time though....I used to have (and probably still do packed away some where) Baby and Robbie......I would think they were a little taller but not much taller than palisades muppets...I ahve the baby from the meal promotion and looking at those pictures that would seem about right

beaker

Reaction score
I have em:smile: They go great with my large 3.5-4" Muppet/Henson related figures. LOVE the BP Richfield one, which was clearly the best of the lot.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I only had a couple of the happy meal dinos. I had two or three Earls, Ethyl, and Robbie. Robbie was my favorite out of the cast. I didn't know about the action figures.